3800 downpipe problems

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So I bought a rt downpipe from a member off club gp, wait a long time for it to get here. Open the box like its Christmas Day and, I got one for TOG headers and i dont have TOG. He told me it bolts to stock exhaust and now i have a expensive piece of pipe laying in my room. :angry: Is there anyone that can make and adapter to go from manifolds to a rt 3" downpipe that bolts to TOG headers?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Dec 11 2005, 04:11 PM
So I bought a rt downpipe from a member off club gp, wait a long time for it to get here. Open the box like its Christmas Day and, I got one for TOG headers and i dont have TOG. He told me it bolts to stock exhaust and now i have a expensive piece of pipe laying in my room. :angry:  Is there anyone that can make and adapter to go from manifolds to a rt 3" downpipe that bolts to TOG headers?
[snapback]106830[/snapback]​

welll......you could get TOG's or you can hunt the guy down like wild game a mount him in your garage, i would sell it for what its worth then buy the right one iot will make it easier on you and theres plenty of people with TOG's, i think if anyone fabs one up you chance leaks and annoying noise, but if you really want one made, you could ask ron vogal hes good at fab'ing some exhaust work, id wrap it tho when your done

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Dec 11 2005, 05:53 PM
i would contact James Dean muffler shop (708-352-0901) and see if he would be able to fit that up to your system
[snapback]106839[/snapback]​
please dont go to james dean, he knows nothing about DP's on our cars, he leaves the stock flex in place, and thats the main restriction, dont waste money, hes not a performance expert by anymeans, he does decent catbacks that are over priced....go to him for only that, go to fair muffler they build them right...or give ron vogal a call hes been doing them for years you will need to wrap it tho, good working DP"S are noisy which is why they are triple piped from the factory with a real restrivtive flex

w-body store is working on pre fab one for if you go to there site

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by sinr247+Dec 11 2005, 07:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Dec 11 2005, 05:53 PM
i would contact James Dean muffler shop (708-352-0901) and see if he would be able to fit that up to your system
[snapback]106839[/snapback]​
please dont go to james dean, he knows nothing about DP's on our cars, he leaves the stock flex in place, and thats the main restriction, dont waste money, hes not a performance expert by anymeans, he does decent catbacks that are over priced....go to him for only that, go to fair muffler they build them right...or give ron vogal a call hes been doing them for years you will need to wrap it tho, good working DP"S are noisy which is why they are triple piped from the factory with a real restrivtive flex

w-body store is working on pre fab one for if you go to there site
[snapback]106844[/snapback]​
[/b]
i know about dean and i was not going to go there for a downpipe. Good down pipes just make the exhaust a little louder, no ticking, right.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Dec 11 2005, 10:59 PM
I think i am going to get one of these downpipes from ohio auto worx. They look nice and of good quality

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=27...ode=&s=#2703573
[snapback]106867[/snapback]​
ticking is there its just more noticable w/o a cat.....well very noticable w/o a cat

but wraping helps ....alot im wrapping mine double layer then spraying it for protection and then got a clamp on flexable heat sheild to go around the bottom to protect form rain and moisture...the spray is supposed to help with that 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info