3800 Howdy

V

vawlk

Just searching google for information about leaking lower intake manifolds and ran across this site and since I am in West Chicago and own a GTP I thought I would stop in a say hi.

Hi

My GTP just started steaming a bit under the hood and after a quick visit to my local mechanic he said it was the lower intake manifold. His buddy at a GM dealership told me to call the GMCARES hotline and complain because the car was barely 4000 miles out of warranty and that this is a somewhat common problem. GMCARES told me to get an estimate for the repairs from a Pontiac dealer then call them back.

The closest dealer to me was Villiage Pontiac in Naperville. I drove in and asked for an estimate. He told me that he just did one the day before and that it was $800-$900 and he would write up an estimate for me to take. Then he asked me how many miles on the car. When I told him 40k, he said "40 Thousand?!?!?!". He then took out one of his business cards and wrote down $100 and told me that 40k is way too early for this to happen. Great Service...

Anyway, I'm not looking to mod anything, I like my GTP the way it is (well maybe a pulley).

Cya around...

My '01 GTP

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by vawlk@Dec 7 2005, 12:24 AM
Just searching google for information about leaking lower intake manifolds and ran across this site and since I am in West Chicago and own a GTP I thought I would stop in a say hi.

Hi

My GTP just started steaming a bit under the hood and after a quick visit to my local mechanic he said it was the lower intake manifold.  His buddy at a GM dealership told me to call the GMCARES hotline and complain because the car was barely 4000 miles out of warranty and that this is a somewhat common problem.  GMCARES told me to get an estimate for the repairs from a Pontiac dealer then call them back.

The closest dealer to me was Villiage Pontiac in Naperville.  I drove in and asked for an estimate.  He told me that he just did one the day before and that it was $800-$900 and he would write up an estimate for me to take.  Then he asked me how many miles on the car.  When I told him 40k, he said "40 Thousand?!?!?!".  He then took out one of his business cards and wrote down $100 and told me that 40k is way too early for this to happen.  Great Service...

Anyway, I'm not looking to mod anything, I like my GTP the way it is (well maybe a pulley). 

Cya around...

My '01 GTP
[snapback]106122[/snapback]​

freakin dealerships!! call the service manager and request a 'goodwill warranty replacement'. . they sometimes honor that and will discount the price considerably.

dont just throw a pulley on your car, you may need to perform certain other mods in order to support the smaller pulley size without damaging the engine.
welcome to the boards

V

vawlk

Originally posted by syP@Dec 7 2005, 12:37 AM
ugh.. village pontiac is the worst place... poor customer service... im glad to see you got a good end of it..

and WELCOME!
[snapback]106123[/snapback]​

Ya, I really wanted to deal with my local chevy dealer but I had to go to Pontiac and that was the closest to my work....I was very suprised by the outcome.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Welcome. B)

Dealers suck!!!

I have actually had better service at my local Chevy Dealership. Thats where I currently go but I still wouldnt trust doing any major mods till my warranty is over. Does anyone know of a dealership that is REALLY COOL about mods???? I would love to know where.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info