3800 Car chugs under a load and downshifting

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

like it said, my car chugs (kind of like when the traction control kicks in and cuts power, but the tires arent slipping). This happens if I jump on it really hard, and when I am cruising and try to pass someone, it chugs really ugly before downshifting. It had a code a week ago, never got in on a scanner, but now the light is gone and has been for the past 4 days. The problem persists though. Any ideas would be great, TIA

CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Nov 28 2005, 03:49 PM
like it said, my car chugs (kind of like when the traction control kicks in and cuts power, but the tires arent slipping).  This happens if I jump on it really hard, and when I am cruising and try to pass someone, it chugs really ugly before downshifting.  It had a code a week ago, never got in on a scanner, but now the light is gone and has been for the past 4 days.  The problem persists though.  Any ideas would be great, TIA

CJ
[snapback]105226[/snapback]​
did u check the canuter valve, next to the rotery splint

try pulling the tc fuse and seeing what happens, u will lose magna steer but, if the code pops again get it checked imeditetly is it misfiring ..is tha what you mean by chugging what mods do you have...what kind of gas... it might be knock

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sinr247+Nov 28 2005, 09:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-PaceCarBoozer
@Nov 28 2005, 03:49 PM
like it said, my car chugs (kind of like when the traction control kicks in and cuts power, but the tires arent slipping).  This happens if I jump on it really hard, and when I am cruising and try to pass someone, it chugs really ugly before downshifting.  It had a code a week ago, never got in on a scanner, but now the light is gone and has been for the past 4 days.  The problem persists though.  Any ideas would be great, TIA

CJ

try pulling the tc fuse and seeing what happens, u will lose magna steer but, if the code pops again get it checked imeditetly is it misfiring ..is tha what you mean by chugging what mods do you have...what kind of gas... it might be knock
[snapback]105262[/snapback]​
[/b]
just saw the mods, im going with the intense pcm... for one just to talk shit... and 2 it might be adding timing and with the codl weather you might be runninga little lean and have knock.. besides last 2 days, its been below freezing

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

CJ

[snapback]105262[/snapback]​
just saw the mods, im going with the intense pcm... for one just to talk shit... and 2 it might be adding timing and with the codl weather you might be runninga little lean and have knock.. besides last 2 days, its been below freezing
[snapback]105264[/snapback]​
[/quote

I checked the rotory splint and the headlight bearings, they are both fine. Yeah, yeah, I figured someone was going to say something about the PCM. As far as the weather being the problem, it was doing it all day today too and it was warm. I still have to get out there and pull the fuse, I think it is more that possible that it has something to do with the tractions control, but I'm not all to familiar with the TC system and how it works. I know the basics of how it works, but not mechanically how it works. Is it just a sensor or does it cut line pressure, or what?
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by ThaLord@Nov 29 2005, 11:19 AM
I had the same problem... my problem turned out to be a bad EBTCM module (Electronic Braking and Traction Control Module)

As soon as I replaced that, it was fixed. I lived with the problem for over a year, before figuring it out.

John
[snapback]105323[/snapback]​

The cat is pretty new, not likely it is clogged. I do have an exhaust leak, damn donut.

John, where is the EBTCM located? In the car or on the trans?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and ideas.

CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info