3800 weird popping noise while turning

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
I drive a 97 GTP with ~88k miles and sometimes when I turn I hear a weird popping noise coming from the front of the car. I've noticed it for a little while but it didn't happen too much. Lately it's been happening a lot more consistently. I dunno if it has something to do with the struts or if it could deal with the power steering. If you have any ideas as to what the problem could be feel free to share.

Thanks, Andrew.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
[/quote]

i know a place that sells a reman CV shafts for a very reasonable price
i dont have their number here, but ill be more than happy to get it for ya tomorrow.
can you install it yourself?
[snapback]104909[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Who you talking about? And yeah it is mostlikely a CV boot, but just check to make sure cause I had that same problem and it actually turned out to be the rack and pionion mounting bushings.

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Sorry im jumping on here and asking for help also..

So when i over turn ex when backing up in to the garage i get a clunk/popping noise .. i have had some front end work done.. and had my sway bar, control arm, knuckle assembly, outer and inner tie rods, new hub, axle shaft, 2 strunt mounts, 2 new struts, engine cradle, and rack and pinion replaced with all new stuff.. about two years ago soo what could it be ?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 30 2005, 01:44 AM
I dunno what brand my hub is. I took it to meineke the other day but they didn't have time to look at it. So I'll prolly stop by tomorrow. Unless someone is in the Palos Heights area and would be willing to take a look at it.
[snapback]105381[/snapback]​
I like the firestone at 90th and harlem, they treat me good, and do good work, check them out.

although, I just had Good work done at Mechanics Unlimited, 79th Just before roberts road, behind the old shell station.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
What's the worst case scenario? My wheels aren't gonna fall off while I'm driving will they? I'm really thinking about getting rid of it. I can forsee a lot of things going wrong in the near future. It would be different if it was paid off but I made what I now know was a foolish decision and bought it. I should have bought a newer one in the first place. I really like Grand Prixs but I think I need something that gets better gas mileage and doesn't take premium.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info