3800 Well... its been a long road...

S

sr71_rgl

Good god you broke that thing good. Man tht sux...you should be able to get more than $500 for the roller. You could pick up a complete/used long block for a little over a grand and then sell it. It looks like you have all your vavles....did that piston jst dissentegrate from KR?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by beyerch@Nov 25 2005, 02:06 AM
'tis but a flesh wound......

l67 long block ~800 w/ miles on it.

Get one and put it in and then don't mess with it.
[snapback]104911[/snapback]​

Exactly. You want a reliable car thats less than 1K. Thats all youve been saying on clubgp. Keep your tranny, get a stock L67 and be done with it. The 3800 is a workhorse and will last as long as you treat it well. The money you said you got just from selling mods can buy your engine. Like I told you over IM. I dont have money for another car so if my engine blows, just gonna swap it and be done. You have the upper hand with a built HD tranny.

JMO.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Eh, sometimes you just got to step back and do something different. I can say that if money is tight avoid the SHO. The GTP will be leaps and bounds more reliable and what you'll be missing in "soul" you'll more than make up for in money left in the wallet! :)

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
just put another motor in it, sell all your mods. have a SHOP rebuild it, install it, and waranty it. you'll probobly be close to paying for the whole job just by selling your mods.
then if you decide you dont want the car anymore, you'll get a decent buck for it since it will have a new motor- with a waranty, and you still have your new trans- with a waranty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info