3800 Silver grand prix @Cars Collision

There is a silver grand prix in my shop right now and I was wondering if it was anyone on the board. Its at the Cars Collision Center in Aurora. I get grand prixs in there all the time but this one was modded out so i thought Id check.

Noticed a smaller pully, ubend delete, open cone intake, somthing crazy with your pcm (you got balls splicing into those wires), t.v.s in the headrests, neons, kicker system (not in there), clear corners, and what is that where your maplights used to be?

The right front fender, wheel and hood were damaged and you have state farm insurance. Im a painter there and will be painting it sometime next week, dont worry the color matches very well ;)

p.s. what happened to the center of your bumper, when the bodyman took it off, the front re-enforcement was damaged really bad, did you do that or did you not even know it was there? Its not affecting your condenser or radiator but I thought Id let you know, its not related to your claim with the right side.

Ok hope its someone on here, always nice to put faces with screen names. I have a blue GTP and I always park in the front by the office. No need to worry, it will look like a million bucks when we're done.

Jeremy

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Its not my car, but that cool you work at a body shop too. I work at Gerber in Park Forest. I was offered a job from Collision Revision in Romeoville but it was to danm far. We just did a 2000 Grand Prix GT, bronzemist color. It was a hood and blend the fenders. Hows Cars treating you, do you like working there?

Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Nov 23 2005, 08:17 PM
Its not my car, but that cool you work at a body shop too. I work at Gerber in Park Forest. I was offered a job from Collision Revision in Romeoville but it was to danm far. We just did a 2000 Grand Prix GT, bronzemist color. It was a hood and blend the fenders. Hows Cars treating you, do you like working there?
[snapback]104759[/snapback]​

Been with the company for over 6 years. Ive been at the one in Aurora for about 2 years, they bought the place out from a Collision Revision. I like it there, the shop isnt what im used to but it pays the bills. Theres only me and another painter for the whole shop so i stay busy. I was spoiled from working at the Naperville location because the place was built from the ground up and everything was brand new. The shop in Aurora is really old and smelly but I am getting twice the pay now as when i was at Naperville. Cars is corprate owned so they have alot of money in the company to spend on extra equipment and materials that make fixing cars easier and better.

I want your opinion on how your pay is from Gerber. My manager, and other painters i worked with said the book hours suck. Im on full commission, with no garentee.

Originally posted by GTPHales-Wife@Nov 23 2005, 10:37 PM
Wow I have a Durango that is going into a collision car center. For an accident that happened this weekend. Are you guys in the Progressive insurance group? I need some extra work done and right now its going to Napervilles.
[snapback]104769[/snapback]​

The Naperville shop deals with progressive, not the Aurora shop. The only reason for that is because Progressive only lets their ajusters make the estimates. Most all other insurance companies let our shop managers do the estimates which makes it a million times easier for everyone. It is more difficult to get a supplement or additional labor put on the estimate though progressive because they have to send someone out again to do another estimate which takes more time. Its hard to estimate damage without taking the car apart fist.

Naperville does excellent work, i used to work with the painters there and they taught me everything i know. Hope everything comes out ok.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I want your opinion on how your pay is from Gerber. My manager, and other painters i worked with said the book hours suck. Im on full commission, with no garentee.
[snapback]104845[/snapback]​
[/quote]
My pay at Gerber is set up a little different than others because i just started there a few months ago. I am also a bodyman not a painter so that probably changes everything. I have a garentee of $400 every week which equals $10 a book hour, which equals 40 hours a week. They also keep track of my hours there so if i make more than 40 i get paid for it. That is there aprentis (sp) scale. They are also paying for my school and i got $4000 in tools from them to start out with. That has helped my out a bunch. I am not sure off the top of my head what the painter or the other bodymen get paid per book hour. After a while i may start looking around to see where the money is, i have a feeling it is not where i am at now. But it is paying all my bills and keeping me going for now.

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Nov 24 2005, 06:30 PM
how much do you guys charge 2 paint a hood,spoiler,front plate cover, and the damn off pfyc? cuz i have them and i was checken out prices or locations of places :)
[snapback]104890[/snapback]​

You would have to come in with the pieces or bring your car and have the estimator give you an estimate. Off the top of my head you can expect to pay between $500 to $2000 , I know thats vauge but the estimating software computes all the paint and body hours for each different car. Its gonna cost you more if you have an aftermarket hood and we need to fit it because no matter what anyone says, aftermarket hoods need alot of work to look right, i.e. body lines matching, condition of primer on the hood, etc.

It looks like you have a red car, the gm red matches really well. You might get away without blending color into the fenders if you wanna save some money. With the money your already gonna spend to get it painted, pay a few extra bucks and have them blend the fenders and dont take a chance of the color not matching.

the address is 1330 N Lake St. Aurora, the name of the shop is Cars Collision Center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list