3800 Battery

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
the battery in my 97 didnt last to long after it was found out that the positive bolt was too long and punctured the case, leaking acid all over. This battery was replaced, and I traded the 97 in for my current 2000. My 2000 still is running the stock battery since the car was built 5/00. Ive got an optima red top waiting to go in tomm, before it gets too cold and this one takes a craP.
Has anyone gone longer than 5.9 YEARS, on a stock battery?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My stock batt lasted 4 1/2 years since the build date (6/99) before I replaced it. The Wal-Mart batt I bought has been in the car for almost 2 years with no problems in the winters it has faced so far. *crosses fingers*

Since you already have it, Id drop the red top in. It was a PITA to swap out in my 99. Id hate to imagine a 97.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
haha it blew to get my battery out. Removed my wiper fluid filly thingy, my frame support things, yeah basically everything, and put in a smaller battery that i had sitting in the garage from my olds. No way i'd fit another size battery in there. Hard as hell to get it out. (98 by the way)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY@Nov 21 2005, 11:43 PM
my stocker lasted 5 years i want to say I've had a interstate battery which i havent had a problem with since
[snapback]104494[/snapback]​
my stocker lasted from 01 to a month an half ago, now my cousin uses it in a bronco II, it doesnt put out what my red top does but it still started, and i left the fans on and kille dit about 7 times where i had to get it started, dont do that with a red top tho, they are better if you kill one the cells start to die and it starts losing maximum voltage overall. stockers are very good, most have 3-5 year warrenteeso just kill your stocker if its covered and get it a new one, all they have to do is prove the other one is a POS

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
ive seen alot of people bash the stock battery, saying how junkie they are. That must of been in the beginning/97 when the positive bolt was too long, and screwing the batteries.
I had to replace a 4.9 year old battery in my Focus/ford last year, in the dead of winter. :angry:

anyone need a good battery? 10 bux.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Nov 21 2005, 10:28 PM
I do mine pretty religiously at 3 years and have never once been stuck out in the cold........

Dont by a die hard....they are over priced and consumer reports didnt even rate them that well.

Wall mart was in the top actually.
[snapback]104487[/snapback]​

Did you know that die hard and walmart batteries are made by the same company? Johnson Controls makes Die Hard, Wal-mart, AutoZone, Farm and Fleet, Power Connection, and some others. They own more than 50% of Interstate. and also now fully own Optima.

Obviously there are different grades in each respective brand, and you get what you pay for in terms of warranty/power. The length of warranty isnt why I buy a particular battery, rather a byproduct of the components used in the battery. So even if you are planning to replace a battery every 3/4 years, I always always reccomend the best battery you can find, power rating wise, it will have the better components inside.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Nov 22 2005, 05:36 PM
the redtop optima I just got from autozone is 3 year replaceable, and 3 more years pro-rated. 6 total.
[snapback]104596[/snapback]​

some places are offering them with 3 year replace, 4 year pro-rated, but keep in mind, you cant just buy that battery and walk in 2 years and 11 months later with a good battery and get a new one... it must be bad to get another...

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy+Nov 22 2005, 04:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@Nov 22 2005, 05:36 PM
the redtop optima I just got from autozone is 3 year replaceable, and 3 more years pro-rated. 6 total.
[snapback]104596[/snapback]​

some places are offering them with 3 year replace, 4 year pro-rated, but keep in mind, you cant just buy that battery and walk in 2 years and 11 months later with a good battery and get a new one... it must be bad to get another...
[snapback]104598[/snapback]​
[/b]
true that, but if this one will last 5+ years, do you realize I would have to own this car almost 12 years... :eek: :D :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info