3800 trans cooler question

I

imported_1fastGTP

i have been told 2 buy a trans cooler because it will save ur trans or keep it running longer.... but i want to make sure it works with an intercooler? and i was wondering what you guys think if its worth even putting one on? and its not like there expensive either so if it really improves the trans and works with the IC i guess its worth it?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Nope, it takes awhile for them to warm up. Every car is different, our just doesn't need it. It was about a year or 2 ago when this was a hot topic, just boiled down to not needed. You'd be better off getting a trans temp guage to monitor temps first. If they get out of line, get a cooler. If not, sell the guage and use the money for other mods.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 21 2005, 05:04 PM
Nope, it takes awhile for them to warm up. Every car is different, our just doesn't need it. It was about a year or 2 ago when this was a hot topic, just boiled down to not needed. You'd be better off getting a trans temp guage to monitor temps first. If they get out of line, get a cooler. If not, sell the guage and use the money for other mods.
[snapback]104450[/snapback]​
yeah ive heard this argument, south florida pulley hq says use it, zzp says dont, thrasher says use it, i think like ron said if u dont need dont put it on, zzp had bad experiances withthem, they said all the hoses kept either crimping or loosing and spiliing trans fluid, and then needing to fixed or towed imediatly

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Nov 21 2005, 04:08 PM
i have been told 2 buy a trans cooler because it will save ur trans or keep it running longer.... but i want to make sure it works with an intercooler? and i was wondering what you guys think if its worth even putting one on? and its not like there expensive either so if it really improves the trans and works with the IC i guess its worth it?
[snapback]104439[/snapback]​

PFYC.com marketing! trans coolers are good for towing..or like Ron said if you have a stall converter. its like the trans interceptor thingy too.
i fell for the AIT extension. . $18 flushed down the toilet..anyone wanna buy mine?
PFYC has got great marketing techniques.
what about the 'Tornado' ..lol. "improves gas mileage and performance"
has anyone seen the recent TV commercials for this? they put two 2 liter bottles filled with water atop one another with a tornado between them to show the benefits of the swirling vortex action :rolleyes:
save your money for other upgrades dude

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Nov 21 2005, 05:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP
@Nov 21 2005, 04:08 PM
[snapback]104439[/snapback]​

PFYC.com marketing! trans coolers are good for towing..or like Ron said if you have a stall converter. its like the trans interceptor thingy too.
i fell for the AIT extension. . $18 flushed down the toilet..anyone wanna buy mine?
PFYC has got great marketing techniques.
what about the 'Tornado' ..lol. "improves gas mileage and performance"
has anyone seen the recent TV commercials for this? they put two 2 liter bottles filled with water atop one another with a tornado between them to show the benefits of the swirling vortex action :rolleyes:
save your money for other upgrades dude
[snapback]104453[/snapback]​
[/b]
my extension actully gave me a colder reading about 6 deg. on avg mine moved it and insulated the area where hte iat used to be and that was my result, i know wrapping it helps but i think if your intakes not wrapped and you move it 12-18inchs you will get a codler reading

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info