3800 Raced a 2005 Eclipse

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Last weekend I was out at 4 corners and had met up with Chad and some of the guys out there. We ended up going to this racing strip that I pretty much would go back whenever they go. Well anyways we went up there and just fooled around with some cars. I ended up racing a Del Sol which was an easy kill beat the poor guy by 2 cars. Then this guy in a 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse wanted to run me so i said ok but let me chill for a bit then we'll run. After 15 mins of watching a Mini van(3800) run a Lancer OZ me and the Eclipse lined up. I reved upto 1500rpms and when they flagged us I launched like a bat out of hell roasting my tires upto 40 and then finally I hooked and pulled 1/2 a car on him and that was all I didn't advance nor did he. We turned back around and lined up again but this time he got the jump on me and he thought he was going to win NOPE sorry! After finally getting traction I jump on him and pulled right in front of him. His front end was at the mid-point of my door. Well needless to say the Eclipse is a fast car even stock and with the right driver the possibilities are endless.

Leo

D

Dom87SS

if you were spining why wouldnt you lift? traction is your friend, let up a 1/4 throttle and it would have stopped. you should have put more than a 1/2 on him by your mods. but i guess thats what you get with inexperience. sounds like 4 corners in now turning into d road where everybody races anything they can find "for fun"

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Originally posted by smknL67+Nov 19 2005, 01:33 PM-->
What kind of exhaust are you runnin' on your whip? Do you get any drone w/ it? I bought my GS w/ some type of aftermarket muff and that mug drones a bit too much for my liking
[snapback]104317[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have magnaflow muffs and the drone is nice and deep. I like it in the car I could hear it clear but I could also here my music as well and thats louder.

Originally posted by sinr247@Nov 19 2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@Nov 19 2005, 12:52 PM
I'm throwing it on tonight!!!! Nice cool weather so it should be fun tonight.
Leo
[snapback]104316[/snapback]​
make sure you scan weather somtimes aint enough, but you put those headers on right
[snapback]104323[/snapback]​

I have the headers and I threw the pulley on and damn does my car pull.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dom87SS
@Nov 20 2005, 11:43 AM
if you were spining why wouldnt you lift? traction is your friend, let up a 1/4 throttle and it would have stopped. you should have put more than a 1/2 on him by your mods. but i guess thats what you get with inexperience. sounds like 4 corners in now turning into d road where everybody races anything they can find "for fun"
[snapback]104346[/snapback]​

I jumped on the throttle toooo much next time it will be different. I was spinnin my wheels way too much I mean hell I was at 49 in the HUD when I finally hooked but by then it was too late he was in front of me already.

Leo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info