3800 need sound system help

ZIOMEK068

Regular
Oct 17, 2008
I just got my system and had my friend wire it in for me, however i dont think it is at its full potential.

heres what i have:
Alpine CDA - 7863 head unit
15" adire audio brahma
Sealed 17.5 x 17.5 x 22.5 in box
Rockford Fosgate cap
4 gauage wiring
(Temporary) Class D series A1800 DB Power Acousik amp

The power acoustik amp is temporary i have a 1500d Directed amp that is being delivered sometime this week.

I need help to why its not hitting as hard as i thought? if you could pm or email me at [email protected] and help me i would appreciate it

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by ZIOMEK068@Nov 12 2005, 05:27 PM
I just got my system and had my friend wire it in for me, however i dont think it is at its full potential.

heres what i have:
15" adire audio brahma
Rockford Fosgate cap
4 gauage wiring

The power acoustik amp is temporary i have a 1500d Directed amp that is being delivered sometime this week.

I need help to why its not hitting as hard as i thought?  if you could pm or email me at [email protected] and help me i would appreciate it
[snapback]103710[/snapback]​
one word......ground...it will make a or break a system, ive seen 40, systems,a nd if u check under the wiring thats never shown, u will see 304 4 gauge wiring going to the ground input, i had a ground problem on my mark 8 that when fixed felt like a got a new amp. try that if not check if ur cap excepts 4 gauge, some dont and want u to convert down to 8 ,that can be a bottle neck

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sinr247+Nov 12 2005, 05:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ZIOMEK068
@Nov 12 2005, 05:27 PM

heres what i have:
15" adire audio brahma
Rockford Fosgate cap
4 gauage wiring

I need help to why its not hitting as hard as i thought?  if you could pm or email me at [email protected] and help me i would appreciate it
[snapback]103710[/snapback]​
one word......ground...it will make a or break a system, ive seen 40, systems,a nd if u check under the wiring thats never shown, u will see 304 4 gauge wiring going to the ground input, i had a ground problem on my mark 8 that when fixed felt like a got a new amp. try that if not check if ur cap excepts 4 gauge, some dont and want u to convert down to 8 ,that can be a bottle neck
[snapback]103713[/snapback]​
[/b]
that was a 40,000 system and 3 or 4 ,4gauge wires

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
How is the sub wired? Being that it is a DVC (either 2 ohm or 4 ohm) you could potentially have it wired at 8 ohm (if its the 4 ohm model). Let us know which model it is, and take a pic of the back of sub showing the wiring connecting the coils. It may just be a simple re-wire of the sub, ie. swithcing between parrallel and series.

~Rich

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Dec 1 2005, 12:18 PM
15 inch subs sound sloppy as shit
[snapback]105552[/snapback]​
They have their place though, you just can't bypass the proporties of physics...they move a lot of air. I'm partial to 10" subs myself. If you need to push more air, simply get more of them. Just look at what bass guitar players use on stage to amplify their rigs. Most use 10's for clarity and extension, but a 15" with the tens really gets things down low. If you were using a single 15", it'll sound good with extended bass notes and such, but sound muddy when you want to hear quick transients.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info