3800 Shop to remove resonator

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Got your PM...

Well, have you removed the U-bend yet? If not, you would want to do that first. The resonator isn't really a restriction. It won't really affect the sound of the car to remove it with stock mufflers on the car. If you are looking for a louder performance note, leave the res on, but do some Magnaflows out back instead. You'll get a much better, less raspy sound that way.

What overall do you have done to the car at this point?

westchiburbs

Oct 3, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Nov 2 2005, 05:56 PM
Got your PM...

Well, have you removed the U-bend yet? If not, you would want to do that first. The resonator isn't really a restriction. It won't really affect the sound of the car to remove it with stock mufflers on the car. If you are looking for a louder performance note, leave the res on, but do some Magnaflows out back instead. You'll get a much better, less raspy sound that way.

[snapback]102936[/snapback]​

My car is completely stock. I want a slightly more aggressive sound, but not too loud. I drive way too much for long distances to have a really loud exhaust.
I will look into getting the u-bend replaced and will be looking into new mufflers.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by westchiburbs+Nov 3 2005, 09:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Nov 2 2005, 05:56 PM
Got your PM...

[snapback]102936[/snapback]​

My car is completely stock. I want a slightly more aggressive sound, but not too loud. I drive way too much for long distances to have a really loud exhaust.
I will look into getting the u-bend replaced and will be looking into new mufflers.
[snapback]102980[/snapback]​
[/b]

Your resonator will make your exhaust sound really really bad.

Get a DP, U bend delete, and some mufflers and u will be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• W
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list