3800 Odd Stalling Problem.....

S

sr71_rgl

So Pictor did a motor swap for me this last summer after my motor dropped the exhaust valve on the #2 cylinder and all's been well for about two months. But, 2 of the last 3 times I've driven it it's stalled out on me right off the line under normal throttle. It starts right up, runs fine and doesn't throw any codes. Because it starts up right away and drives normally I'm not thinking it's a big deal but what if this things konks out when I'm doin 65mph on a crowded highway? Does anyone (besides Charles) have a Tech2 or a PT for a 98 L67 that could hook me up w/ a case learn? $$$ :D

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Oct 31 2005, 11:54 PM
So Pictor did a motor swap for me this last summer after my motor dropped the exhaust valve on the #2 cylinder and all's been well for about two months.  But,  2 of the last 3 times I've driven it it's stalled out on me right off the line under normal throttle. It starts right up, runs fine and doesn't throw any codes. Because it starts up right away and drives normally I'm not thinking it's a big deal but what if this things konks out when I'm doin 65mph on a crowded highway?  Does anyone (besides Charles) have a Tech2 or a PT for a 98 L67 that could hook me up w/ a case learn? $$$  :D
[snapback]102792[/snapback]​

Died again on the way home from work at 2am this morning...I'm lucky it's still warm outside :blink: I'm leaning towards replacing the fuel pump now. When it died this morning it acted like it ran out of fuel. The car doesn't seem to have the kick it did either before this crap started happening a couple weeks ago. I've had a Murray's pump hotwired for 2 of the last 3yrs I've had it in the car and I can't imagine their crappy parts last more than a couple years anyway...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've got an extra Walbro pump if you want to try it out. It was a "tester" pump. Does not have the venturi primer for the canister attachment, so to operate properly the venturi needs to be removed. It's the pump only, no sock or wiring to it. I haven't looked at it in a while, but from what I remembered it has very low hours on it. It was probably installed for less than 2 weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
    Participants list