3800 A bitter-sweet new PB for me...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I made it to the track this past Sunday. It was 55 degrees out with moderate humidity but a 13+ mph direct headwind! The track was obscenely prepped; I think they spread VHT after every third car launched! I got three runs equating to a new PB.

I averaged;

2.0 - 0-60' times
8.7 8th mile @ 78 mph
13.94 1/4 mile @ 96.3 mph

The bitter-sweet part is that almost exactly two years ago I was hitting 14.3's @ over 97 mph with a lot less mods. My 0-60' times then were 2.25. If you adjust for better launches this past Sunday, I'm not much better off. Hell, earlier this year (January 1st where it was 30 degrees out) I ran 14.1's at over 98 mph with 2.25 0-60' times! Adjusting for Sunday's launches, I'm worse off now than I was then. Since January, I added better tires, 1:8 roller rockers, ported and wrapped manifolds, 3.2" pulley and a true catalyst free 3" down pipe. The car saw "0" KR Sunday to boot!

I figured that I would have hit closer to 13.7 and break 100 mph in the quarter this past Sunday!

My question is, could the serious headwind cause me THAT much time and mph or did I just waste this past year's work on my Grandpa car?! :(

On a positive note, I freaked out a 10 second Mustang and a 12 second C-5 Vette (Both running slicks) by leading them to the 300' foot and 1/8 mile marks respectively; I was launching like I had RWD! The tower berated the Vette so much that it avoided the staging lanes after that!

Comments?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Oct 31 2005, 09:41 PM
I made it to the track this past Sunday. It was 55 degrees out with moderate humidity but a 13+ mph direct headwind! The track was obscenely prepped; I think they spread VHT after every third car launched! I got three runs equating to a new PB.

I averaged;

2.0 - 0-60' times
8.7 8th mile @ 78 mph

The bitter-sweet part is that almost exactly two years ago I was hitting 14.3's @ over 97 mph with a lot less mods. My 0-60' times then were 2.25. If you adjust for better launches this past Sunday, I'm not much better off. Hell, earlier this year (January 1st where it was 30 degrees out) I ran 14.1's at over 98 mph with 2.25 0-60' times! Adjusting for Sunday's launches, I'm worse off now than I was then. Since January, I added better tires, 1:8 roller rockers, ported and wrapped manifolds, 3.2" pulley and a true catalyst free 3" down pipe. The car saw "0" KR Sunday to boot!

I figured that I would have hit closer to 13.7 and break 100 mph in the quarter this past Sunday!

My question is, could the serious headwind cause me THAT much time and mph or did I just waste this past year's work on my Grandpa car?!   :(

On a positive note, I freaked out a 10 second Mustang and a 12 second C-5 Vette (Both running slicks) by leading them to the 300' foot and 1/8 mile marks respectively; I was launching like I had RWD! The tower berated the Vette so much that it avoided the staging lanes after that!

Comments?
[snapback]102771[/snapback]​

The low traps account for the headwind and yes, they will make a difference. You trapped low for your mods which means the headwind had an effect. Don't worry about it... Be proud of what you did. :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Mike K+Oct 31 2005, 11:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Theautoguy
@Oct 31 2005, 09:41 PM

I averaged;

2.0 - 0-60' times
8.7 8th mile @ 78 mph

My question is, could the serious headwind cause me THAT much time and mph or did I just waste this past year's work on my Grandpa car?!   :(

Comments?
[snapback]102771[/snapback]​

The low traps account for the headwind and yes, they will make a difference. You trapped low for your mods which means the headwind had an effect. Don't worry about it... Be proud of what you did. :)
[snapback]102789[/snapback]​
[/b]
actully i cant break the 100 mark i had 2 13.8's a 13.7 and a 13.6 all 99.6 -99.92
why is that

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Be proud of what you run! I know it is not what you expected after the wrenching time put in on the additional mods, but it is still better than your previous times right? There are so many factors in 1/4 times and it will just take one perfect day to get the times you are looking for. I would say a headwind of that speed will definitely decrease your 1/4 time. Don't get frustrated and just keep driving that granny car Don! j/k :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info