3800 Anyone know what a Eaton Gen V S/C run ?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Plus you gotta take into account, the same pulley sizes will mean a drastic increase in boost. You can't drop to a 3.4 on a Gen V, thats like going to a 3.2 on the Gen III. Ontop of the Gen V you really need to know what to look for when scanning and such. The gains on a Gen 5 are well over a ported gen 3, and some even guess, that a port and polished Gen V can run close to the efficiency and power of an m112.

But if you want the Gen V, check out local junk yards first, 2004 was the fist Gen V year, so the SC is only two years old at most, any junkyard with a Gen V, i gaurantee you the Gen V will be in working order. Don't buy a new one unless theres nothing else around.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
With regards to the Gen III vs Gen V debate, taken from our website:

Limitations to the stock blower - The Eaton M90 is a relatively efficient blower when compared to older Detroit Diesel roots blowers. The advantage to a positive displacement blower like the M90 is that it's constantly pushing out 90 cubic inches of air for every revolution resulting in a torque advantage off the line. This advantage also turns into a limitation as we can not increase the displacement of the blower. We are left to improve on adiabatic efficiency, which lowers heat, thus reducing knock and resulting in a denser air charge (more air passed; more boost). We do this 2 ways:

The M90 will never get to the level of the M112 simply because all things being equal, the M112 is moving 22 more cubic inches of air for every revolution. The gains to be seen from a ported Gen V supercharger are nominal when compared to a ported Gen III.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Oct 31 2005, 06:10 PM
Plus you gotta take into account, the same pulley sizes will mean a drastic increase in boost.  You can't drop to a 3.4 on a Gen V, thats like going to a 3.2 on the Gen III.  Ontop of the Gen V you really need to know what to look for when scanning and such.  The gains on a Gen 5 are well over a ported gen 3, and some even guess, that a port and polished Gen V can run close to the efficiency and power of an m112. 

But if you want the Gen V, check out local junk yards first, 2004 was the fist Gen V year, so the SC is only two years old at most, any junkyard with a Gen V, i gaurantee you the Gen V will be in working order.  Don't buy a new one unless theres nothing else around.
[snapback]102751[/snapback]​
ok well i can help there i went threw the same quest about 2months ago, the best answer s ive got is, m112 vs gen 5 m112will win watch a flow chart,by quite a bit those things can run ask coolgtx, u have to get a new pulley system one for that blower, u hav eto get the lower intake mani. and and some spacer or gasket thing from zzp, zzp has blowers for 500 to 600 and the lower mani for 175 the mani as far as i know ed morad of morad parts.com is the only one that can get them i guess on order from what he told me. once u start into this its a little bit of a project and have proffesionaly installed, or some one whos done 1 or 2
u also need the throttle body adapter. u use ur throttle body or a good time to get a northstar,and a gm maf, thats a nice combo, and if u wan to get more convienant , get a intercooler, ur blowers already off, but then ur at almost 3 grand .... it gets expensive ,and seeing as a gen five flows better, u can use those high rpms more, which is rocker or cam land, so u have some options.

so blower 5-600
LIM-175
zzp spacers-?
and u use ur injectors and rails, or get nice prj ones
and tuning becomes an issue at this point get a afc ,pwertuner, or iccu
and some good tuning,

good luck

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by UnvmyGTP03@Oct 31 2005, 11:38 PM
Well if it gets technical on the Gen V s/c, can i go with a Eaton MP90 Gen IV S/C on our motor, would that work at all as good as a Gen V S/C ? Please Let me know before i start spending the CASH !!! Gen IV MP90 vs Gen V M112 ? :unsure:
[snapback]102782[/snapback]​
where did u get a iv mp90, what was that installed in?

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by UnvmyGTP03@Nov 1 2005, 04:12 PM
I have a M90 already, i need to know where do i go to find a WHIPPLE S/C ? what site that i can look up ? What modification do i have to do when i get a Whipple S/C ? Advise please, Thanx
[snapback]102856[/snapback]​

i have no idea.

Why not just put your cash into an intercooler and a 2.8 pulley.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info