3800 rim repair

I work for a body shop and we deal with some repaired wheels from time to time. Im only a painter so im giving you my perspective of what ive heard from the parts manager. I have a few scrapes on two of my rims and to fix something like that was gonna run me around 100 to 200 for both, i know thats kind of vauge but thats the ballpark my manager gave me.

The company they use is called Keystone. We use them alot with used bumpers, they strip the old paint and prime to look almost like a brand new one from the dealer. They also deal with rim repair like the scrapes i was talking about. You would have to see if they would even repair a rim that is bent like the one you have. The rims Ive seen repaired by them look really good so i know they are a reputable company.

I unfourtunatly dont have the number but they are pretty local, so you might be able to find them in a phone book. If you cant find it let me know i can get the number from my manager and im sure they can help you out. If they can repair the dent im sure its gonna be at least half the price of a new one. Ok hope that helps.

Jeremy

We use Dupont paint and the computer that mixes up the paint, matches about 75% of the time, there are just alot of alternates for foreign cars if anyone reading this has a gold car, i feel for the painter.

Anyways, we get the paint though a company called Finishmaster, they supply us with alot of 3M and Dupont materials needed for the shop. We use Keystone primarily for what i was discussing eariler with the bumpers and repaired rims. If youve dealt with them before then even better, they might have you take in the rim or they'll pick it up to see what your rim looks like, to see if its even repairable.

Ok let me know what happens with your rim, let me know if you go though those guys or not and let me know how it turns out. Knock on wood but Ive never seen anything that was unacceptable come back to the shop from them. Good luck

zabolots

Feb 12, 2008
I've had really good results with Wheels America. The repaired my Borbet Type M when I hit a curb in my '00 GTP and just repaired my front GXP wheel after it was scratched up pretty badly at a car wash. In both cases the wheel was returned in as good as new condition. You couldn't tell it had ever been damaged.

They've got a location in Arlington Heights and they do a lot of work for other shops that say they "fix wheels" when they actually just outsource it to Wheels America.

Scott

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info