3800 Ripping DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Oct 27 2005, 04:14 PM
That's illegal and I do not advise you use such illegal programs such as DVD Decryptor or DVD Shrink 3.2 or VOB Blaster
[snapback]102408[/snapback]​

Yes, definately illegal. Take a look at DVDXCOPY. They were shut down because the program was so easy to use. One click and it copies the DVD. You mention DVD Shrink 3.2. That prg is also no longer updated for reasons unknown. Was DVD Shrink also shut down? No one knows. People thought it would continue to be revised since it didnt actually copy the DVD. It only read it - and you needed a third party prg - like Nero to actually burn the DVD. A prgram called AnyDVD works sorta the same way. AnyDVD is a resident memory prg that decrypts the DVD (even the latest CSS protection), but you will need a burning prg (like CloneDVD or Nero) to copy.

Oh wait - you asked how to rip a DVD into the hd. The above comment was for copying a DVD onto a DVD. Sorry.

J.E.T.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Oct 28 2005, 07:38 AM
I would like to see the quality of a 4.7+ gig movie compressed to 128 mb!

Good luck with that, I have never dealt with the conversion...
[snapback]102469[/snapback]​

You have to realize that his phone's screen resolution is probably right around 128x64, and a normal DVD size is over, what is it, like 760?...He can compress it down a TON just by doing that. But on your side, Rich, I've never seen it done onto a 128, only 512 and 1024.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Oh yeah, and fuck the MPAA.

A friend uses either NO1 DVD Ripper or AnyDVD (can't remember), he said with success.

I've only used DVD Decryptor and then made Nero 7 shrink it and put it in as a DVD. It's pretty fast and the most simple way I've found (DVD shrink, all those other ones.

BTW, it's not illegal to make copies of any digital media that you own as long as it's for your personal use, and that no one else obtains a copy of it.

You do own it, right? *cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info