3800 Cell phone service

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I've about had it up to "here" with Verizon wireless' crappy service in Beverly, and immediate surrounding suburbs, they were going to build a cell tower about a block from my house, but that fell thru as it was deemed unattractive. Anyways, I get "ok", to great service practically everywhere else in this state but here. Ive had great customer service with Verizon, but patients are now falling short, and I'm getting tired of them dickin' me around with there supposed "unlimited text messages" that I paid extra for, and am still somehow paying more $$ for texts.

How is T-Mobile for a cell service provider? A buddy at school said I could talk to his "guy" and he could probably hook me up with a good deal. Whats everyones input on this provider? Does anyone have someone I could go to for a good deal?

Now, since I will probably be dropping Verizon in by the end of the month, unless they some how win me back, I will also be looking at a phone. Hell I'll be looking for a phone no matter what, mine the battery cover cracked, and the phone is scraped, scuffed, and well abused. This also probably doesnt help signal/dropped calls much. Now, I dont want bottom of the barrel, but not the most expensive ($500) phone either. Whats a good all around phone to get, that has a camera and mostly all the goodies?

Thoughts, opinions, experiences, anything that may help.

Thanks
-Nick

FWIW, I will be getting a family plan, something around the $45 range (not including free texts, or all those options) one phone can and will be the bare bones model. Minutes are not to much of a problem no more then 1000 i'd imagine.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
grab a motorola razor, i dont know who its all compatible with, but you can pick one up from best buy for around a hundred bucks. its an awesome phone, lightweight, bluetooth, and you can even mod it if you feel like it - it hooks up to your computer.

im pretty biased tho cause i have one. everyone likes to touch it too, which is kinda annoying, but at least you know its cool

-Bryce

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
well..... Verizon is the best bet for service all around....BUT in your case you got one of hte few unlucky spots..... as for the txt its unlimited IN txt not unlimited txt......thats why your paying......you can get a play that like 10$ for 1000 txt........ instead of the regular txt pack.......
um for cust service........Verizon has the top cust. service.........t-mobile is second...........dont even look twice at US cellular......verizon is gonna buy them out anyway.........
Sprints service is pretty good if you dotn travel expecially since they have no roaming now....so thats even better........and the have real UNLIMTED txt packs.....
Cingulars cust service isnt top notch or anyhting but the service is a lot better than a year and a half ago.....so they arent a bad option..........
if you want to travel anywhere or just like driving around......dont get t-mobile.......they have the worst coverage next to US cellular.......
Nextel......its overpriced and the service isnt what it should be......Sprint owns nextel........so if you had sprint you get free calls between sprint AND nextel for free with family plan........plus sprint has the fair and flexible plans......not a bad choice their cust service is ok but its not like it was 2 years ago and its getting better........
IF your under contract with verizon still......and not getting service where you live..........let me talk to them for you i might be able to get you out of your early term. fees.........SOOOOO
Overall.............
Top picks.....Sprint, Cingluar and everywhere BUT your house........Verizon......
just let me know if you have any more questions liek about rate plans and whatnot on any.......Im pretty fluent on cell phones

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info