3800 GM

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
true sales are what matter, ...... to the company and its employees, most of the greatest cars were not mass produced, and did not bring much income because of intal cost, or not being in high demand at the time, so that throws that out

my thinking is if its not a gm go import..... for the most part, excptions to every rule

3 pontiacs no probs, 2 fords replaced 2 motors in one,and almost every luxuary feature and expensive abs and air bag replacements

fuck everyone else

go GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar@Oct 26 2005, 08:48 AM
What does Chrsyler have going for them now that doesn't involce the Hemi?

Seems like manufacturers hang on to something they think will sell.  the SBC has been around for decades.... has been proven reliable, inexpensive to maintain, and easy to swap parts (like LS6 cam in an LS1, etc).
[snapback]102181[/snapback]​

Mopar has the SRT line. They have the viper, srt4, ram srt10, the charger / charger srt8

They are also paired with MB, so now a lot of their cars have pretty good quality interiors at a cheap price.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by sinr247@Oct 26 2005, 12:47 AM
true sales are what matter, ...... to the company and its employees, most of the greatest cars were not mass produced, and did not bring much income because of intal cost, or not being in high demand at the time, so that throws that out

my thinking is if its not a gm go import..... for the most part, excptions to every rule

3 pontiacs no probs, 2 fords replaced 2 motors in one,and almost every luxuary feature and expensive abs and air bag replacements

fuck everyone else

go GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]102160[/snapback]​

Personal experiences don't count, simply because anyone can say anything. I can also claim that I had 8 GM's and 3 fords, where each ford has more miles than all the GMs put together yet with less problems. But then again, that's bullshit.

Why not stick to facts?

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by sinr247@Oct 26 2005, 12:47 AM
[snapback]102160[/snapback]​

Throws what out?

There have been statistics taken of vehicle sales and for several years the F150 has been in the #1 spot. Even if ford didn't sell that truck anywhere else in the world, it would still make it to the #1 spot.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by horist@Oct 26 2005, 04:32 PM
1 word... ecotec .... those little motors are making crazy power

But I'm glad the focus is still primarily in making V8 engines :p  Nothing like a nearly 500rwhp (w/headers) 427 factory smallblock
[snapback]102263[/snapback]​

Why do you guys keep mentioning engines? Is this the only thing GM can do right?

Shit, ford ressurects companies (bought Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Volvo as they were goin under, and made them into huge successes), made volvo the manufacturer of the safest cars in the world, created the most used differential (even by GM who couldn't figure it out on their own), and patented the FWD tranny that eliminates torque steer (this was a few years ago, and yet GM's still suffer). This is all off the top of my head, I can go further in.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by NetChemica+Oct 28 2005, 11:02 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Oct 26 2005, 04:32 PM

But I'm glad the focus is still primarily in making V8 engines :p   Nothing like a nearly 500rwhp (w/headers) 427 factory smallblock

Why do you guys keep mentioning engines? Is this the only thing GM can do right?
[/b]

You brought up engines...

DIDN'T involve a smallblock v8?

ecotec doesn't involve smallblock v8s (solstice I believe uses the ecotec motor)

Perhaps you need to reword your origional question .... :rolleyes:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by NetChemica@Oct 28 2005, 11:03 AM
With Ford buying all these companies right before they go under, maybe GM will see a new owner soon.
[snapback]102510[/snapback]​

lol... unless something's changed recently... isn't Ford junk bond status also?

Regardless... you seem to have created the thread with the motive of trying to create a flame war ...

And FYI Ford's not doing too well w/Jaguar... the S-Type is a POS ... The Station wagon isn't selling, the 2006 models are getting pretty poor reviews, and the latest redesign looks like ass...

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by horist+Oct 28 2005, 11:36 AM-->
Originally posted by NetChemica@Oct 28 2005, 11:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Oct 26 2005, 04:32 PM

But I'm glad the focus is still primarily in making V8 engines :p  Nothing like a nearly 500rwhp (w/headers) 427 factory smallblock

You brought up engines...

DIDN'T involve a smallblock v8?

ecotec doesn't involve smallblock v8s (solstice I believe uses the ecotec motor)

Perhaps you need to reword your origional question .... :rolleyes:
[snapback]102523[/snapback]​
[/b]

Interesting argument, it still doesn't show anything GM did good recently that didn't involve an engine.

Each company has their own engine that was good in one way or another. Shit, volvo has engines that lasted for well over 500k without any major repairs. Then there is the mod4.6 used in lots of cruisers, trucks, police interceptors, that sees thousands of hours of hard work without a hickup.

There is a reason the Ford Crownvic with the sohc4.6 is the most widely used police car out there.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by horist+Oct 28 2005, 11:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-NetChemica
@Oct 28 2005, 11:03 AM
With Ford buying all these companies right before they go under, maybe GM will see a new owner soon.
[snapback]102510[/snapback]​

lol... unless something's changed recently... isn't Ford junk bond status also?

Regardless... you seem to have created the thread with the motive of trying to create a flame war ...

And FYI Ford's not doing too well w/Jaguar... the S-Type is a POS ... The Station wagon isn't selling, the 2006 models are getting pretty poor reviews, and the latest redesign looks like ass...
[snapback]102524[/snapback]​
[/b]

Latest redesign? It's not even released to the streets and it's already getting reviews? Lovely.

btw, xbox4 will be MUCH better than ps5

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Oct 28 2005, 02:37 PM
cobalt ss, v8 front weel drive monte, impalla, gp, gto may not look cooler than the new mustang in some peoples views but stock with drag radials will turn 13.0's or high 12's, a lot of kick ass cars for the performance market.

brett
[snapback]102549[/snapback]​

All those cars are based on acceleration, I obviously didn't make it too clear that I wanted to hear some arguments that didn't involve engine performance, seeing as that's all that GM fanboys have for an argument.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info