3800 GI: Crate Guitar Amp

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I might be buying a marshall cab instead so i may sell this amp.

Its a Crate Head and Cab.

120 watt solid state head, powering 4 x12 celestian speakers.

I would be willing to part with just the head if you already have a cab.

I bought this about 3 years ago, but still plays like when i bought it.

has minor dents and dings but nothing big.

this thing is LOUD really loud. I've played a decent amount of shows in lots of different sized venues and i have never had to turn it up past half way.

its definetly a rock amp i wouldnt really recommend using for anything else.

anyway just seeing if anyone might be interested.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Why Marshall? Too Old school and not that flexible...unless your getting a good deal.

You have got to look at Mesa's, the quality is awesome. Their equipment holds it's value too. I f your looking at head/cabnet seperates, the Marshall cab is OK. The amp is just to bright and crunchy IMHO.

End rant/hijack...

Are you keeping the emblem?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

When I was looking a few years back, I initially wanted a head/cab combo. Everyone has their own sound, so truly no amp is "better" than others because they all sound different, but some have better features/flexibility. I am actually a fan of the Crate amps, I think for the money, they are a good bargain. When you get into full-tube stuff, things get expensive fast. I started bringing my guitar to music shops to check amps out, it make a huge difference if you can find one that matches up perfect. I was going to go with Mesa, but I switched my attention to 2 x 12 combo amps, and found the perfect match for my gear was a Fender...go figure; since I normally use a Telecaster!

I used to have a 150 X 2 Gallien Kruger solid state head, with a 2 X 12 slanted cab. Freaking wicked loud, and exceptionally clean. It retailed for $1700, and at the time was the most advanced you could buy (1990's). My lesson learned was that it tried to do too much, and I'd fiddle with it before gigs for a very long time to get the "sound" I wanted. At the time, I was really effect heavy and used at least 3-4 different guitars every gig. Once I went to the Fender/Fender combo, the only time I switched guitars is if I broke a string. I just plug it in, adjust the volume and I'm done. It's kind of nice to be lazy.

Sorry to hijack, I just like talking shop. Good luck selling the combo, Crate makes nice stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Kyle
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list