3800 Woot! New best at the track today!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
TA is down right now so I brought the GTP out... previously I couldn't muster more than 90mph and 15.0 ...

First two passes of the day... 2.5 60 foot... 92.3x mph but they were 15.4/15.8

Then I had to take a break cause I had some tuning to do (lean out 1 TA, change shift poitns on 2 other F-Bodies, scan a few cars, Crank Relearn on an 04GTO) ...

Finally after brackets and the big dogs finished (not sure if it's a record yet... but there's a high 8 second ALL MOTOR LS1 based F-Body out there now) I raced again... I was messing around w/a friend w/a V6 camaro ... I would get off, and on and stayed next to him barely beating him.... (15.8 to his 15.9)

I looked at the slip... holy poop! 2.2 60 ft... so I went back out...

Lined up next to a WRX

2.069 60
9.397 1/8
14.678 1/4

wrx had me beat by 4mph and 1/10 ET (I think something went wrong w/him on the last pass) but his 2.2 60ft and slower reaction time was enough for me to get the white copy :)

I was lined up next to a mustang GT next at about 3:45 but it started raining (my buddy was going down the track on ET Drags... 1/8mile his windshield was getting drenched... he got off.. it went a bit squirly but no damage... still ran a 12.3) so event was done....

Colder air and I can prolly drop another 1/10 .... not the fastest but I'm happy for a 3.4" pully and FWI only (I was running low on laptop battery so only scanned 1 run... peaked at 1.1* of KR)

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Were you down at US41 this Sat? I was down there with the F-body club, but I couldn't get the tires to hook at all, and the best time I could get was 14.1something. There were some fast cars down there, it was a fun day, but I need some tires before next season.
CJ

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Yea I was there with my GTP (I think I passed you on the way there... I was in my Silver 04 following my bud in his red 04 GTO)... In the morning I couldn't hook for shit... 2.5s ... but in the afternoon it got much much better... If it didn't start raining I think I could have gotten a 2.00 or 1.99 60ft on street tires ... it was hooking GOOD in the afternoon (Seems to be confirmed... CAMNHawk's car is officially the first 8 second all motor LS1 powered car... he did a best of 9.004 during the rental but he stayed around for the night racing and got two 8.9 runs)

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by horist@Oct 23 2005, 08:17 PM
Yea I was there with my GTP (I think I passed you on the way there... I was in my Silver 04 following my bud in his red 04 GTO)...  In the morning I couldn't hook for shit... 2.5s ... but in the afternoon it got much much better...  If it didn't start raining I think I could have gotten a 2.00 or 1.99 60ft on street tires ...   it was hooking GOOD in the afternoon (Seems to be confirmed... CAMNHawk's car is officially the first 8 second all motor LS1 powered car... he did a best of 9.004 during the rental but he stayed around for the night racing and got two 8.9 runs)
[snapback]101973[/snapback]​
Ok, Yea, I saw ya then, sorry I didn't come say hi, didn't think about it. Was that the black camaro that was doing wheel stands that you are talking about? Oh, and the WRX that you beat was my buddies little brother, he was trying to get into the 12's so he was trying to launch at like 6 grand or something, he's a crazy little f+cker, haha.
CJ

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
No that black camaro you're thinking of is Probably 01Z ... he holds the heads/cam record (9.7 I believe) and I believe he's tied for the cam only record (10.2x)

Camn Hawk was the silver firehawk (wheel to wheel built motor... Not sure of exacts, but I believe it's 427+ cubes, C5R heads, solid roller...)

I figured there was something up w/the WRX cause I coulda sworn I saw him running mid to low 13s earlier in the day... but I'll take it anyways heh

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by horist@Oct 24 2005, 03:45 PM
No that black camaro you're thinking of is Probably 01Z  ...  he holds the heads/cam record (9.7 I believe) and I believe he's tied for the cam only record (10.2x)

Camn Hawk was the silver firehawk  (wheel to wheel built motor...  Not sure of exacts, but I believe it's 427+ cubes, C5R heads, solid roller...)

I figured there was something up w/the WRX cause I coulda sworn I saw him running mid to low 13s earlier in the day... but I'll take it anyways heh
[snapback]102012[/snapback]​

Oh, I know which one you are talking about, that one was pretty badass too, can't believe thats all motor.
That guy with the WRX used to be on this board with his GTP, but he wrapped it around a tree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info