3800 couple questions

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
hey guys just wondering when i hook up my timming commander, dont i have to constantly have to watch knock and timing, does that mean i have to adjust it just like a the iat used to ... like constantly adjusting it or do i just turn it down a coupleand hope i dont see knock, cause the iat adjusted it safely by temperture(resistance) so when it gets hot im gonna see knock then i have to adjust it ... isnt that a little annoying, or am i just thinking why outta my ass... i do that somtimes

o and my pulse width's are getting up to 20 at times ive heard 22 is the max for stock injectors does this mean i cant run my 3.0 .... i have the 3.25 on it daily,and thats what i got my scan at, this was after ive been adjusting my afc, ive got no kncok wot, and i have around 15 degrees of timing... doesnt that seem low, i have like 36.5 at cruise pretty often and 4 to 5 while its idling high when its cold like 1100 rpms

my trims are pretty close and my o2 are between 900 and 950, it goes up and down when it nears redline, this is also on narrowband with an intercepter gauge

any help

hey guys just wondering when i hook up my timming commander, dont i have to constantly have to watch knock and timing, does that mean i have to adjust it just like a the iat used to ... like constantly adjusting it or do i just turn it down a coupleand hope i dont see knock, cause the iat adjusted it safely by temperture(resistance) so when it gets hot im gonna see knock then i have to adjust it ... isnt that a little annoying, or am i just thinking why outta my ass... i do that somtimes

You should monitor for knock anyway. But, since *you* will program the IAT table to your liking, you can set it and forget it. It will be a static value no matter what the temperature out. The IAT changes with temp, like you're thinking, but the timinng commander inserts a static value, and with the corresponding changes to your spark advance table, you will KNOW what your timing will be at.

Hope that helps!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar@Oct 20 2005, 12:08 PM

You should monitor for knock anyway. But, since *you* will program the IAT table to your liking, you can set it and forget it. It will be a static value no matter what the temperature out. The IAT changes with temp, like you're thinking, but the timinng commander inserts a static value, and with the corresponding changes to your spark advance table, you will KNOW what your timing will be at.

Hope that helps!
[snapback]101716[/snapback]​
that does help, does anyone have any answers to the other questions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list