3800 04' motor will drop into a 97' right?

I

imported_GraFFix

tranny wont be an issue either right?

Feel like taking a ride lol you got a truck! Or Denise could always strap it to the top of her GA and bring it back from MN for me...lol

Im still not sure if im going to do it now or wait till summer. Hopefully i can make it thru this winter with this motor now, but its getting bad. leaking oil...starting to burn oil, my supercharger sounds like a rock tumbler...ohh yea, its done. lol

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 20 2005, 01:50 PM
Or you can solve all that by using an L67 throttle body, which is what I figured the plan was.
[snapback]101728[/snapback]​

The casting of the supercharger is a bit different so its not a bolt up. I ASSume someone sells a space plate though for the Gen V swap people.

If you do that you could probably run everything off of the 97 pcm with little trouble....

Unless you are using the 04 trans... Its different and you're have issues with that.

I

imported_GraFFix

Yea that was the plan I was just going to use my old TB with the new motor since it would probably be the easiest way...

Even still if I use my TB will I still need to swap out the wireing harness? I was assuming I would have to switch to a 04 PCM which isnt a big deal to me either. but if i can use my exsisting PCM then thats even better. if I have to swap out the wire harness then I will need to locate one of those though as I dont think it will come with the motor. Im still deciding what to do, and trying to come up with some extra cash too...I still might have to wait till spring to do this swap..things are still in the planning stage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info