3800 Ground Problem?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
car shuts off randomly while driving, sputters and dies actually. everything goes off. also everything reset. avg fuel economy, time on my radio, everything. And i was sitting in the parking lot, putting up my windows, with the AC on (didnt remember turning it on, oh well) and while pressing both the window buttons at once (both rear windows) all my lights proceded to dim, and my car sputtered audibly. i think i have a bad ground somewhere, but no idea exactly where it could be. Don't think its the alternator, becasue the car starts right back up after all of this. my battery seems connected fine and all. might just take it to pep boys to get an electrical systems check, but if someone else has had any of this, or has any insight of something im missing, yeah it would be appreciated. thanks.

-Bryce

00 GTP Debadged

Regular
Dec 27, 2008
A few things you can check. On the main fuse box under the hood, make sure the nut on top under the red plastic piece is tight. Also, the main ground line is just to the rear of the battery. You can take out the screw and clean up the area that it screws into, and also the ground wire itself. Make sure you put a coat of paint or rtv over that top after putting it back in. Oh yea, disconnect the battery first. If neither of them work, then I have not clue.

Randy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list