3800 timing function

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ok guys i have a timing commander and i know very little about tuning with ti

do i take a deg. or two away when i have knock and the add wheni dont, i just drive around and do this, casue every day my car scans completly diff.

and from what ron explained to me doesnt the afc take away and add timing as well

i know its a air fuel comp. but ron was showwing me his scans u can see when u add fuel to get rid of knock it takes away timing at the same time, so its more timing that gets rid of knock so isnt a afc 2.2 kinda use less if u have a commander or a happy knob

am i crazy or is that theory right.. i knwo ron's gone for a little bit
can anyone chime in

the afc is for setting your air fuel ratio, by adding fuel to kill knock is just keeping the cyclinder cooler, the timing commander is controlling your ignition timing which on cooler days or when running race gas you can add timing if your not getting knock or if your getting knock on a hotter day you can decrease timing. when you change your air/fuel it will take the computer a little time to learn (at least it does on my car), changing timing isnt learned, its a setable number + or - what your car is programmed for

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2002SilverGTP@Oct 10 2005, 08:59 PM
the afc is for setting your air fuel ratio, by adding fuel to kill knock is just keeping the cyclinder cooler,  the timing commander is controlling your ignition timing which on cooler days or when running race gas you can add timing if your not getting knock or if your getting knock on a hotter day you can decrease timing.  when you change your air/fuel it will take the computer a little time to learn (at least it does on my car), changing timing isnt learned, its a setable number + or - what your car is programmed for
[snapback]100528[/snapback]​
thats what i thought , that why i have the 2.2(just not tuned) but rons scans did prove by adding fuel it pulled timing at the same time, he tried few diff setting and when u add it took away still and vice versa.. so do you add fuel, then just turn up the commader to compinsate for the lost timing

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sinr247+Oct 10 2005, 09:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-2002SilverGTP
@Oct 10 2005, 08:59 PM
the afc is for setting your air fuel ratio, by adding fuel to kill knock is just keeping the cyclinder cooler,  the timing commander is controlling your ignition timing which on cooler days or when running race gas you can add timing if your not getting knock or if your getting knock on a hotter day you can decrease timing.  when you change your air/fuel it will take the computer a little time to learn (at least it does on my car), changing timing isnt learned, its a setable number + or - what your car is programmed for
[snapback]100528[/snapback]​
thats what i thought , that why i have the 2.2(just not tuned) but rons scans did prove by adding fuel it pulled timing at the same time, he tried few diff setting and when u add it took away still and vice versa.. so do you add fuel, then just turn up the commader to compinsate for the lost timing
[snapback]100529[/snapback]​
[/b]
o and i will be attempting to tuen my car this weak , what should i be looking for i know o2 at wot, but at cruise and idle my LTFT but what should they be at when i add what will it change to

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list