3800 BOP Race Results

Went to the BOP Race today and brought home the following:

First Place Front Wheel Drive Class
Fastest ET in Front Wheel Drive Class
A new PB of 12.528
Finally got my 7 second 1/8th mile
Got my first perfect reaction time slip

For those that have been to Nationals/Midwest Drags at Cordova I finally beat the track favorite Slo Joe.

Congrats to BracketRacer for finishing in the semi-finals of FWD Class.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by 2002SilverGTP@Oct 8 2005, 10:51 PM
Went to the BOP Race today and brought home the following:

First Place Front Wheel Drive Class
Fastest ET in Front Wheel Drive Class
A new PB of 12.528
Finally got my 7 second 1/8th mile
Got my first perfect reaction time slip

For those that have been to Nationals/Midwest Drags at Cordova I finally beat the track favorite Slo Joe.

Congrats to BracketRacer for finishing in the semi-finals of FWD Class.
[snapback]100371[/snapback]​

Very nice Paul. Congrats on the wins.

Congrats to Joe for going to the semi finals. Who did he lose to??

Im finally glad someone beat that *** slo joe. I was really pissed that I never had my car where he raced.

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Congrats again Paul! I only wish the coin toss had been a little different, and we could have faced each other in the final, instead of the semis! You earned and deserved your win! First taking out Slow Joe, and then knocking me out with that perfect light was no fluke!

I will be sending you a copy a scanned copy of my new PB in moments. Until it gets to Paul, here are the details:

RT .122
60 ft 1.955
330 ft 5.658
1/8 8.803
mph 78.21
1000 ft 11.512
1/4 13.826
mph 96.98

I am absolutely thrilled with that run on street tires with only a 3.4 pulley and Autolite 104s! I wouldn't be there without Paul's help, so losing to him was much easier to bear.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by bracketracer@Oct 14 2005, 08:28 AM
Congrats again Paul!  I only wish the coin toss had been a little different, and we could have faced each other in the final, instead of the semis!  You earned and deserved your win!  First taking out Slow Joe, and then knocking me out with that perfect light was no fluke!

I will be sending you a copy a scanned copy of my new PB in moments.  Until it gets to Paul, here are the details:

RT              .122
60 ft          1.955
330 ft        5.658
1/8          8.803
mph          78.21
1000 ft    11.512
1/4          13.826
mph          96.98

I am absolutely thrilled with that run on street tires with only a 3.4 pulley and Autolite 104s!  I wouldn't be there without Paul's help, so losing to him was much easier to bear.
[snapback]101110[/snapback]​
:D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by bracketracer@Oct 14 2005, 08:28 AM
Congrats again Paul!  I only wish the coin toss had been a little different, and we could have faced each other in the final, instead of the semis!  You earned and deserved your win!  First taking out Slow Joe, and then knocking me out with that perfect light was no fluke!

I will be sending you a copy a scanned copy of my new PB in moments.  Until it gets to Paul, here are the details:

RT              .122
60 ft          1.955
330 ft        5.658
1/8          8.803
mph          78.21
1000 ft    11.512
1/4          13.826
mph          96.98

I am absolutely thrilled with that run on street tires with only a 3.4 pulley and Autolite 104s!  I wouldn't be there without Paul's help, so losing to him was much easier to bear.
[snapback]101110[/snapback]​

Wow Joe. Thats real impressive times for the mods.

Only crappy thing is, Im sure someone will see it and post BS. :angry:

Either way, all of us that know you know you arent BS. Good Job on the times. Dont worry. Ill take care of Paul for ya next time we bracket race. :D

hello everyone! new to the club and wanted to say hi. got to meet paul and joe at the bop race, congrats on getting the win. sorry that i couldn't stick aroun to see the final. i can verify joe's 13.82, he ran it against me in the 2nd round(i red lighted by .02 :angry: ) paul, i will be sending you a copy of my time slip this weekend.pb at bop was... rt:.101
60':2.065
330:5.906
1/8et:9.158
1/8mph:76.09
1000':11.977
1/4et:14.369
1/4mph:93.69

overall pb..... [email protected] in '04 at tri-state in iowa

BONE STOCK 3.8 W/STREET TIRES

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Hey folks,
Seems like everyone is coming out of the woodwork on this post, so I figured I'd make a few replies.

BillyBoy, sorry that I didn't get the chance to meet you, and chat. I saw your car in the staging lanes, but I never saw it run. It is quite the "sleeper." I wouldn't have taken it for a low 13 second car, that's for sure. If I see you again, I'll make sure to say hello, and check out a very unique ride.

343fire (Tony, right?), it was nice meeting you and chatting in the pits. I finally saw video of that NHRA crash you told me about, and it was chilling! I think I vaguely remember talking to you back at another event at Cordova sometime ago, so sorry if I acted like you were a total stranger that day. Your GTP runs almost exactly like mine did when it was bone stock, so even some minor mods would definitely have you down into the 13s as well. I really owe you a big thanks for that slight red in Round 2. Had you not red lit, I would have caught you early (since I was unexpectedly so far below my dial) and had to let off or break to avoid a breakout. The ET would have been much slower, and I would only have been able to guess what my personal best could have been. Having that PB at 13.82 looks MUCH BETTER than 13.99, even though that's not alot of time! I'll be taking you even more seriously on the track next time, because I won't be counting on another "minor red-light gift."

Fish, thanks for vouching for my times not being BS, I appreciate it. As for you taking care of Paul for me, thanks but I have other plans. I may have to run the GTP against him at least one more time, and if I still can't get him, I will sick the Sunbird on his ass! Make him sit there and wait for over three seconds, and watch as I chop the tree down on him :p ! If even that doesn't work, I will have to bring out the big guns ...... I'll sick my wife on him! LOL!

I'm shocked that Paul & I haven't managed to race each other before, and I'm sure we'll see each other again! It was a great race and I got beat fair and square, so I have no regrets. Now I just have a long winter to get thru, and I'm anxiously waiting for 2006 schedules to be posted so I can start planning out trips. Next year I hope I can make at least one of the ILGPC mod days/races too, maybe more!
:asskick:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info