3800 Remote Start Stopped Working

S

sr71_rgl

I had a new motor swapped in a couple months ago and the remote start worked right after the install but recently it won't work. I did replace the coil paks/ICM 2 weeks ago to clear DTC P1351 (didnt clear the code) and had the battery disconnected for about 20 mins which coincidentally is when I decided to check the remote start. I replaced the battery in the starter fob (I use 2 fobs, 1 for start and one for entry/locks) the led on the fob lights when I push the button but still the car won't start. When it was working right the car would acknowledge the remote start function was engaged by flashing the rear lights, the fuel pump would prime and the car would crank/start. Now, the car won't even acknowledge the remote start has been engaged. Do I need to re-learn the fobs or something?
tia
Nick

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Oct 8 2005, 07:40 PM
I had a new motor swapped in a couple months ago and the remote start worked right after the install but recently it won't work. I did replace the coil paks/ICM 2 weeks ago to clear DTC P1351 (didnt clear the code) and had the battery disconnected for about 20 mins which coincidentally is when I decided to check the remote start. I replaced the battery in the starter fob (I use 2 fobs, 1 for start and one for entry/locks) the led on the fob lights when I push the button but still the car won't start. When it was working right the car would acknowledge the remote start function was engaged by flashing the rear lights, the fuel pump would prime and the car would crank/start. Now, the car won't even acknowledge the remote start has been engaged. Do I need to re-learn the fobs or something?
tia
Nick
[snapback]100357[/snapback]​
battery in remote, and the arming switch, i broke my switch (its really flimsy on most remote starts, i broke mine by touching it when i was wiring up my pillar gauges, check my be one of the wires is loose....... no clue besides that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list