3800 quick question to all fast GTP's

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Dude, you really need to research this stuff and have a strong understanding of our motors before you start throwing out random numbers that you plan on shifting at. Have you taken into consideration that our ignition system is not reliable over 7,000 rpm? If you have considered this what is your solution? I know of the only solution available, and it hasnt even been fully tested yet, so I doubt you have this on your car.

As far as valvetrain components, on my M90 setup we used Comp Cams OE-R lifters, Lightweight pushrods, Harland sharp adjustable roller rockers and spun to 6800rpm. On my CSC setup we used Comp Cams Pro Magnum lifters, Comp Cams 3/8" wide (7.05" long) pushrods, Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rockers. This setup was never run, but Chris Hoenle has the exact same combo and went to 6700rpm IIRC.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
tiny? hmmm T3/T4.......that picture is tiny. the FMIC on the talon is actually pretty big. the front bumpers wholes have been enlarged to fit more air to the radiators.

it constantly overheats. the after market manifold....misses the radiator by 4mm. it is very hard to keep cool. I have an aux fan hooked in that constantly runs to try to cool it down. but yeah. thats my next project.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info