3800 Running no cat?

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Oct 7 2005, 11:35 AM
From what I've heard, they will make it standard procedure to inspect for a cat.

A long time ago, they did that anyway. 

J.E.T.
[snapback]100236[/snapback]​

Really?? Man im screwed then :(

maybe I can pass off my 3" resonator as a high flow cat..lol

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Oct 7 2005, 12:27 PM
SO how do all the people fast cars pass off thier no cat/egr etc?

They just get teh luck of the draw in line?

If the tech hears a loud car with crazy cammed noise are you almost gaurunteed to bet the visual inspection?
[snapback]100248[/snapback]​

I believe the first thing they are looking for is DTC's. They are relying on OBD2. Dispite your idle. They cant do anything about that. They can about a cat though. Weld in a dummy.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
When I went in for emissions earlier this year w/the TA they didn't do a visual on me ... however I put my full cat-back and cats back on just in case... (interchangeable ORP and CATs)

Fortuanetly they don't do a real indepth visual for things like AIR/EGR etc... (prolly too many things to check... they'd need a book listing which cars have what... example 01+ F-Body's had no EGR, but previous years did)

Starfire

Sep 30, 2008
Lemont
Originally posted by horist@Oct 7 2005, 02:41 PM
When I went in for emissions earlier this year w/the TA they didn't do a visual on me ... however I put my full cat-back and cats back on just in case...    (interchangeable ORP and CATs)

Fortuanetly they don't do a real indepth visual for things like AIR/EGR etc... (prolly too many things to check... they'd need a book listing which cars have what... example 01+ F-Body's had no EGR, but previous years did)
[snapback]100258[/snapback]​

Well one way around emission testing is to have your car listed as a show car under insurance but then you are limmited to how much you can drive a year. Like my dad has a 82' Delta 88 but has a 72 455 engine in it, the car is suposed to go for testing but since it's listed as a show car it is exempt from it. Too bad I can't do that with mine but it's my only car.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Starfire+Oct 7 2005, 04:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Oct 7 2005, 02:41 PM
When I went in for emissions earlier this year w/the TA they didn't do a visual on me ... however I put my full cat-back and cats back on just in case...    (interchangeable ORP and CATs)

Well one way around emission testing is to have your car listed as a show car under insurance but then you are limmited to how much you can drive a year. Like my dad has a 82' Delta 88 but has a 72 455 engine in it, the car is suposed to go for testing but since it's listed as a show car it is exempt from it. Too bad I can't do that with mine but it's my only car.
[snapback]100271[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yea, but im sure show car insurence is more. Or is it? For a 1972 is got to be less than a 97-00 or whatever. Or do you just have to get it appraised? I thought I looked into this. If I remember my insurence guy seemed reluctant to talk about it. Or he didnt know.
Hes an asshole anyway. We are paying way too much in my opinion for everything......House, car, one small L.I. policey....When we move im pulling the plug on them.

Starfire

Sep 30, 2008
Lemont
Originally posted by rob+Oct 7 2005, 06:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Starfire@Oct 7 2005, 04:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Oct 7 2005, 02:41 PM

[snapback]100271[/snapback]​

Yea, but im sure show car insurence is more. Or is it? For a 1972 is got to be less than a 97-00 or whatever. Or do you just have to get it appraised? I thought I looked into this. If I remember my insurence guy seemed reluctant to talk about it. Or he didnt know.
Hes an asshole anyway. We are paying way too much in my opinion for everything......House, car, one small L.I. policey....When we move im pulling the plug on them.
[snapback]100279[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yea you get it appraised, my dads car is insured as an 1982 but it's really cheap it's about 240 for the entire year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info