3800 Tranny help

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Talk to certified in MI. It's the shop ZZP uses. If you want a good deal, register for MGM, and get the car towed there. Tell them you broke it (and as long as you're first) you'll get 1/2 off...LOL.

OK they prolly won't buy that.

Royal GTP had some Intense trans woes, and they had reffered him to a local place. IIRC Intense was a PITA, but the local place did a decent job. You may want to PM or e-mail him about his situation.

Our transmissions are hit/miss. Normally stockers can take you pretty far and last quite a long time. It seems that rebuilds are dicey. I know that you're looking for something bullet proof, but such an animal doesn't really exsist outside of GM Racing. If I were in your shoes, I would swap in a GT trans (better gearing) out of a lower mile used trans. You will need some of the parts off of your current transaxle to convert it to a HD model, but that's not too much trouble. There are also kits off the shelf to convert it over from Intense (GM parts).

If you can get it out yourself to do the swap, you may be able to do it easy for under a grand, and if you're really frugal under $500. I've seen low mile GT transmissions for $200. Contact Ed Morad to see what he has, he usually has a few transmissions laying around.

if you want a trans that can hold up to power you are going to have to go with a better build. I have a dynotech performance race trans since march and it has held up perfectly. its a little more than what you have listed for a price but you cant beat erics work or his trans. only problem is that he is in New Jersey and you would need to bring him a trans or ship your trans to him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list