3800 Tint

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Any tint on the front windows are illegal. I have tints on my front windows but dont get messed with.......so far(knock on wood) . It all depends on if they feel like being asses or not. I have the front windows smoke tinted and the rest are darker. Sorry im not sure of the percentages though. There are a few places in the city it all depends how far you are willing to drive.

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Oct 4 2005, 11:32 PM
im getting my windows tinted 20% in front and the back 5% so my cousin is a cop in darien and he says it should be no problem its only if they really wanna be picky bout it/if they have nothen better 2 do
[snapback]99874[/snapback]​
they are all ass holes. at least when I am driving. they are realy bad in darien. i think that me and cops just don't see eye to eye. i am going to court tommorow for a ticken. :angry: :angry:

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar@Oct 5 2005, 07:40 AM
Usually, the only cop cars (besides unmarked) that have the windows tinted are the K-9 units.
[snapback]99889[/snapback]​

dont tint them all...one day they will get ya....they made me scrape mine right then...or go to court.....I wasted my money.

I signed a pation to get front tint legal..hopefully it happens

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
.....the reason most of em have problems with it (not sure if thats why its a law) is because when they come up to your car..... they cant see you........if its tinted the cops risk when they pull you over is much higher.......if they cant see you, then they dont know if you have a gun pointed...etc...... its a safety issue i guess..............thats what they were telling me....so it all depends on each cop then.......

To ThaLord:
as for the backup info behind the whole" soon all tint will be illegal" theory......thats just what i was told....dunno where they get it from....

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 5 2005, 11:51 AM
.....the reason most of em have problems with it (not sure if thats why its a law) is because when they come up to your car..... they cant see you........if its tinted the cops risk when they pull you over is much higher.......if they cant see you, then they dont know if you have a gun pointed...etc...... its a safety issue i guess..............thats what they were telling me....so it all depends on each cop then.......

I think that is the LAMEST excuse. IF the cop can't see in, perform a felony stop. Make the driver get out. With those spotlights they have, then can at least count heads. I know it would be a pain in the a$$, but I look at it this way, if you don't want to deal with that, have the windows down and the interior lights on when you are pulled over.

Respect is a 2 way street. Don't insult my intelligence, and I won't disrepsect you.

-Ironman

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info