3800 Need Advise ASAP

I

imported_Ron Vogel

First, I'd go for the easy stuff. Also if you can't afford a scanner, at least look into a scanner guage (Aeroforce), or find someone with ascanner to see what the car is doing between mods.

The biggest problem our cars face is knock. With the cooler air coming, it shouldn't be an issue, but when it warms up again after you have modded your car you need to pay atention to it, or it can lead to broken pistons.

A cold air intake like a fenderwell (home made) can be very beneficial, but for a under the hood one the Wizaired from ZZP is generally regarded as the best. The Thrasher is pretty good too, but the SLP one is not all that great. The stock airbox is pretty poor flowing, and it should be the first thing you do.

Get rid of the -ubend in the exhaust, generally you can get this done for under $100, the DP is also important, but not needed quite yet.

Go with a 3.4" pulley on the SC. I would strongly reccomend a multi pulley system like the ZZP/Intense style, after that the DUB system. Either are good, and it's easy to sell/swap pulleys from those wishing to move on to another size eventually.

With just the above listed mods it is possible to get into the 13's.

After that, you'll want to get into heavier stuff, but that will get you started nicely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info