3800 laptop for tuning question

Starfire

Sep 30, 2008
Lemont
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Oct 2 2005, 01:39 PM
I want to get a laptop with some tuning software before i get in to any perfomance mods. I want to get the powertuner software and a cheap laptop of ebay. What specs should i look for on the laptop that will run powertuner?

BTW I sold my GT on Friday :( and i really miss it
[snapback]99535[/snapback]​

Here is a link to the DHP site that gives the min, requirements to run the software (it's not much)

http://65.109.52.43/PowrTunerRequirements.htm

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by Starfire+Oct 2 2005, 06:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-2000gpgt
@Oct 2 2005, 01:39 PM
I want to get a laptop with some tuning software before i get in to any perfomance mods. I want to get the powertuner software and a cheap laptop of ebay. What specs should i look for on the laptop that will run powertuner?

BTW I sold my GT on Friday :( and i really miss it
[snapback]99535[/snapback]​

Here is a link to the DHP site that gives the min, requirements to run the software (it's not much)

http://65.109.52.43/PowrTunerRequirements.htm
[snapback]99552[/snapback]​
[/b]
thanks

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
also keep in mind that on most used laptops you'll need to get a new battery for them... sot hat may add up to 100 bux or so to the total expenditure.

I would use 600mhz as a minimum so that you have room to grow (car tuning software as it advances will provide more and more features to make tuning easier, but this can often result in the need for a faster computer)

you should be able to pickup a 600mhz pretty cheap (200-300 maybe plus a battery?)

If you want the tank of laptops then go w/IBM ... you pay more but they're sturdy... I use an HP primarily now for my tuning... I've had alot of peorblems w/dells (from work) so can't bring myself to reccommend them...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by horist@Oct 2 2005, 07:03 PM
also keep in mind that on most used laptops you'll need to get a new battery for them... sot hat may add up to 100 bux or so to the total expenditure.

I would use 600mhz as a minimum  so that you have room to grow (car tuning software as it advances will provide more and more features to make tuning easier, but this can often result in the need for a faster computer)

you should be able to pickup a 600mhz pretty cheap (200-300 maybe plus a battery?)

If you want the tank of laptops then go w/IBM ... you pay more but they're sturdy...    I use an HP primarily now for my tuning... I've had alot of peorblems w/dells (from work) so can't bring myself to reccommend them...
[snapback]99563[/snapback]​
I always thought dells were pretty good

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Per the latest Powrtuner doc, these are the requirements:

PowrTuner has the following minimum system requirements:
• Pentium II 300 or faster laptop or desktop
• One DB9 Serial Port, or available USB port w/ USB to Serial
Adapter, or PCMCIA Serial Adapter Card
• 100 MB of free disk space for PowrTuner install
• Screen resolution of at least 800 × 600; however, 1024 × 768 is
preferred
• Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP operating system
• JET DB 4.0
• NET Framework 1.1
• MDAC 2.8 or newer
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1
• UART 16550 Chipset or better (Check with manufacture)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info