3800 Why I like working on my xmod more

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Since day one, I was having a steering problem with my xmod. After a bit of research, I found that most xmods come straight from the Shack with the steering servo not centered. After a few practice runs, I got taking this apart and back together in a jify.

DSC00051.JPG

Here is the frame with the only tools I need.

DSC00052.JPG

After 2 minutes, I have the rear subframe and drive shaft out and off the frame.

DSC00053.JPG

After 6 minutes, I have the whole front end, battery packs taken off the side for more room, and everything before this disassembled.

DSC00054.JPG

After 16 minutes, I have the steering servo cover off, marked, centered, and ready to assemble everything.

DSC00055.JPG

Half hour later, I have everything back together and ready to roll...forward. Now my turning is totally fucked. Does not want to turn at all. Im really pissed at this model in particular. Guess its time to trade it in for another one.

All of this, while in the comfort of my living room instead of on a cold floor or ground.

It also does not need to be working in order to get me to work. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Fish
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list