3800 in dash display messed

D

Dom87SS

ok i need to know if this might be fixable. on the indash display above the vents, they do not seem to work correctly. i usually leave it on milage to see about how many miles i have left to the tank. but ever since we've had the car the fuel % used is alsway stuck at 99.9% and hasnt changed, ever. the fuel milage, to my knowledge, worked prior to me owning it. it has been stuck at 19.7 and doesnt change for anything. the oil life expectance one works, but i think is wayyyy off. when a oil change is done, the life % does go up, but it is never, or has never been up near 100%. even when there is 0-5 miles on the new oil. i think the milage one works, it constantly changes, especially when i go from around town, to back country roads( cruise control on 65+), and when havin fun with it. all the numbers are clear, and the mode button works fine and all. but atleast 2 out of 4 are obviously broken. is there a way to reset the computer for it (maybe unplug the computer a half hour and re plug it in) or hold down a couple buttons for so long to reset things? do you think this could be a computer error, or just the screen and functions its self. basically if i get a DHP in the future, it would probably stay the same, correct? im gonna take it to the deal, to see what they thing. but definatly not tuch it yet. as i dont have dealship hourly rate money yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list