3800 advantage of a ported blower, and should i do it?

D

Dom87SS

my car right now is BONE STOCK to the nasty restrictive 97/98 air intake. i have a low mile (30,000 or so on housing/internals and 13,000 or so on the nose replaced at a GM dealer) M90 blower i got from a friend for a good price. im not planning on going fast with this car as it is a daily beater. when all is said and done id like a mid 13 second cruiser. but anyway i figure i have this blower, i could have it ported correct. but what gets ported on the bottom? the little triangle or the triangle and both slots, or is there more to do inside the case. i wouldnt expect to gain much of anything performance wise, but im think efficientcy might be a plus. im not talking fuel economy, im talking about using the boost i will have but at a more efficient rate. moving the same amount of air through a bit bigger hole seems not only easier on the blower itself, but might help the motor its self when im trying to push it to its limtis. this is all in theory though. id like to see what, if any, gain could be had by doing this to a not so heavily modded motor. also id probably find a stock intake to have it match ported up top so there isnt high pressure velocity sitting at the outter lip of the hole in the intake. this will not go on the car anytime soon mind you. i will do minor supporting mods most likely for a 3.4 and then get some times. eventually id swap blowers ,possibly with a small intercooler just cause they arent that expensive and can do wonders for KR, and then be done with the car. so can anyone point me to place when i can read facts, not only of what it can do for performance and such. but what should be done to the actual blower and intake when having it ported.TIA

D

Dom87SS

ya i figured that part out, but that doesnt even come close to answer any question above. i did however get some answers on another board. and as i was trying to word out in the above novel, i guess it does improve efficiency in the blower to make power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list