3800 Exhaust Systems

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 99GTPguy87@Sep 2 2005, 10:41 AM
Okay guys.  Next up is a full exhaust job on my car.  What's one of the quieter exhaust systems that I could get with the  best power?  I don't mind it being semi-loud but I'm looking for more of a stealthier exhaust.  What would you guys reccommend?  ( also list best piping sizes all the way through )
[snapback]96796[/snapback]​
You should list your mods and future goals for the car. Most people will reccomend 3" all the way to the split, then dual 2.5" out, but that's a very large pipe and is uneccesary for most. The entire exhaust layout is important, doing a little work here and there can cause issues with drone or poor scavenging.

Of the "prefab" systems, Corsa seems to be the best, with the GMPP a close second.

99GTPguy87

Aug 26, 2008
My current mods on my vehicle are ...

*3.25 pulley
*DHP PCM 1.0
*U-bend delete
*K&N "Aircharger" Intake
*(I have NKG TR55's I have to put in )

Yes, i know the 3.25 is small... which is why I'm trying to catch up on supporting mods currently. So what do you think would be best for me?

I don't want to end up doing a ton of heavy mods to lower engine life. If i run anywhere in the 13's i'd be happy in the future. At least for a current goal. Any positive suggestions would help!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yes, take it real easy on that thing in the warm air with that pulley.

Get some PEM's and a new downpipe before anything else. I wouldn't bother with a cat back until you're running mid 13's. Keep fresh oil in the motor, and keep an eye on your plugs. Keeping up to date with mantainace is the only thing you can do to keep KR down with that pulley on there until you can get the air in/out.

You should be able to get PEM's, DP, and 1.9 rockers for less total than a cat back and will be better for you.

99GTPguy87

Aug 26, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 2 2005, 04:13 PM
Ported exhaust manifolds...

If you saw what the front manifold looked like inside, you'd be running to buy some.
[snapback]96821[/snapback]​

So lets say i went to 3800performance.com... They have WCI PEM's. Would that work for me? Also for a downpipe.. if my exhaust is otherwise stock, what would be a downpipe that would work for me, and fit my stock exhaust? Links would be helpful :) thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list