3800 trans up in the rpms to high

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
The car has finally been driven after 2 months and almost all parts demoded and I swear the RPMs are way up and the skip shift is not there.

Normal cruise is around 2k rpm is fine but the minute I touch it lightly it goes up to 3k and if I get on it a little its around 3500? :blink:

I just dont remember ther rpms being at 3500 barely touching it during cruise giving it a tiny gas?

Also, I cant really feel the skip shift around 35mph?

I do feel the TQ convertor and high 3.29 gears...........The rpms climb real fast and throttle is very responsive.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Aug 30 2005, 02:49 AM
Might be because of the higher stall torque convertor, and it has to rev that high to lock up?
[snapback]96432[/snapback]​

What size converter?? With the stock GT converter and 3:29s I can ride around 2K RPMs and it will jump around 3K if I go about quarter throttle.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Guys, there is definetly a problem.......shifts are at:

1-2 5400
2-3 4900

Cruise is around 3000-4500

Car takes a long time to change gears.....

POSSIBLE CAUSES...... :(

New LSD in....Supercharged and I put the 3.29 reluctor wheels in the LSD!! ALMOST 100% sure......we talked about it a while and did it.

Possible dammeged or accidently moved the settings on the Electric gizmo from intense for the 3.29 gears?

Battery was disconnected for 2 months?????

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.....Scanning in few hours.......yes I have an SES but originaly though it was the EGR not hooked up right......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list