3800 anybody keeping track of this hurricane?!

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
WOW. Up to a Cat. 5 now. They say New Orleans is in the direct path, which is bad news because I hear that New orleans is 5-10 feet UNDER SEA LEVEL. FWIU, the city depends on many OLD pumps to keep the drainage pipes/storm sewers, ect free and clear of water. Unfortunately, a 25 storm surge will decimate that entire setup.

Some people are saying that if this hurricane IS a direct hit on New Orleans, they might not be going back for A MONTH!

:blink: Sounds like its going to get really nasty there REALLY quick. I sure hope everybody gets out. :(

most of my friends that live about 30 miles out of new orleans have already evacuated the are. A couple of my friends there work for the Sheriffs Office and are required to stay and ride out the hurricane. some of them are already prepared that this storm will destroy their houses and they may not have anything to come back to.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by 2002SilverGTP@Aug 28 2005, 03:02 PM
most of my friends that live about 30 miles out of new orleans have already evacuated the are.  A couple of my friends there work for the Sheriffs Office and are required to stay and ride out the hurricane.  some of them are already prepared that this storm will destroy their houses and they may not have anything to come back to.
[snapback]96312[/snapback]​

glad to hear most of them are out of the main damage area, my best wishes to youo're friends who are still stuck in whats about to happen there.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Originally posted by dole21@Aug 28 2005, 04:43 PM
they're saying right now 20,000 to 30,000 are gonna take refuge at the superdome..

maybe its just me...but I dont think i'd wanna take refuge in a huge concrete dome with not alot of support on the center of that building...
[snapback]96327[/snapback]​

I agree. I was concerned about that the second I heard they were putting people in there. If that place goes in the wind?

That's a LOT of deaths. But then again... I would rather take my chance there than to sit my ass down on burboun street. :(

TinyTam95

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
John and I have friends that live in Ft. Lauderdale and we were told that Miami was hit harder then expected. It was supposed to hit Ft. Lauderdale more so then Miami. They lost power and there are still some out of power in the heat. They did get it back but our other friends have not yet. John and I are going down there on Friday the 2nd of September. We will see the after math...........

tammy

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I was listening to 780am radio this morning. At that point in time they said there was over 10,000 people in the Super Dome and a huge chunk of it blew off. They said that was one of the only structures that could hold up against those winds. This is going to be very sad.

Did you hear about the 2 families that were stuck in New Orleans? They tried every thing from a rental car and the airport. Of course all the cars were rented and the airport was shut down. These 2 families one being from Glencoe, IL and not sure where the others was from. I do know they were both from IL. They found a limo drive that saw green. The family split the $3700 one way limo ticket. I would have.

The other crazy thing is all the gators or croks. What everones are out there. I'm sure they are going to be floating / swimming in the towns that are under water along with all the poisinous snakes / bacteria. Its going to be dangerous for some of these areas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info