3800 how the

F

fastcash

how can someone buy all this merch. ands not be in the 11's? I see ALOT of the list below and most are only in the 12's. I want to add that people don't always get to the track after they put more stuff on their ride, but there is so many combos of power out there, yet I am still seeing mostly 12's.

Charles put on a turbo, ic, Fi's, cutout, and pcm and is vertually in the 11's!

my thing is, all this money for mods is crazy when in all reality all you need to hit twelves is a big IC, injectors, and tons of boost with a little more timing with net you good times and a fun car..... God i have wasted my money thus far, good thing i am not as far in as all the people i see with these "standard" mods:

stage 3 heads
TOG Xtreme headers
intercooler
trans with 3.69 gear ratio
2.6 in. SC pulley
Northstar TB
3000 stall TC
ZZP XPZ cam
DHP
ICCU

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Dude....two words....

FUCK YOU!!!

(I don't know whose car you are talking about, but I just dont care)

Build a car yourself, it takes alot of time and money. Why do you care what other people's cars run??? As long as whoever's car that is enjoys it, then every penny and every minute of wrench time is worth it.

EDIT: I just realized whose mod list that is. Now I definately mean FUCK YOU.

F

fastcash

damn bro, i am just saying, i don't feel like putting all that kind of money into a six cylinder motor to reach 10's at best, when i can get a crate big block, dump big money in that and be in the 7's all day long.

426 hemi ford, or maybe this chevy motor

sorry for posting your thoughts on my OPINION. glad to see yall feel that way. i just hope the whole GP community doesn't get all ricer.

F

fastcash

i did not pick any person particularly, if i offended anyone, sorry.

me, i am just gonna NOS my ride with proper tuning, and 125 shot, i will be happy with my l67. when something brakes, i will fix it.

of course, i would love to port/polish EVERYTHING, intercool, spray, agg. cam, etc., but i am a realist, doing all of those things to a big block, or even the 4.4 northstar will offer some seriously impressive results.

anyways, sorry i offended anyone.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
not sure exactly why everyone is THAT offended by this.

I think his point is that with the turbo kits coming out, ,its almost crazy to go through all that other work to get same or less performance. If the turbo kits were out when I csc'd the 97 SE I had, trust me, I'd do that over again too. Quite a few people that have driven the turbo setup have also made similar comments.

The reality is that the turbo are rather new and many people have always wanted to push the envelope and that was all there was to do. I'd be a bit depressed to do a ton of work and then watch someone basically bolt on a new power adder and run some crazy times too.

I didn't take his post as a slam just more of an observation.....

$.02

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by beyerch@Aug 27 2005, 09:38 PM
not sure exactly why everyone is THAT offended by this.

I think his point is that with the turbo kits coming out, ,its almost crazy to go through all that other work to get same or less performance.  If the turbo kits were out when I csc'd the 97 SE I had, trust me, I'd do that over again too.  Quite a few people that have driven the turbo setup have also made similar comments.

The reality is that the turbo are rather new and many people have always wanted to push the envelope and that was all there was to do.  I'd be a bit depressed to do a ton of work and then watch someone basically bolt on a new power adder and run some crazy times too. 

$.02
[snapback]96268[/snapback]​

I can make an observation and have people not like it. You really didnt like who I said runs DHP. :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

The way it is worded can make someone think that they are throwing a stab at someone. Especially a person that does not deserve it. Basically putting everything this person has done down.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by fastcash420@Aug 27 2005, 07:00 PM
damn bro, i am just saying, i don't feel like putting all that kind of money into a six cylinder motor to reach 10's at best, when i can get a crate big block, dump big money in that and be in the 7's all day long.

426 hemi ford, or maybe this chevy motor

sorry for posting your thoughts on my OPINION. glad to see yall feel that way. i just hope the whole GP community doesn't get all ricer.
[snapback]96255[/snapback]​

Like that hasn't been done a zillion times, Want to impress, take a 6 cyl family car and make it run 14's....Want to really blow people away...make it run 13's. Want people to call you a liar and say it can't be done.....runs 12's and prove it.
And 11's....most intellegent people would say thats impossible.
If people spend money on their car and they are happy more power to them. Its their car.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois

Thats exactly what I thought. For the love of GOD people. Settledown. I know this guy isnt putting people down. This guys one of the nicest an most intelligent person I have communicated with. I have met him many many times.

Like that hasn't been done a zillion times, Want to impress, take a 6 cyl family car and make it run 14's....Want to really blow people away...make it run 13's. Want people to call you a liar and say it can't be done.....runs 12's and prove it.
And 11's....most intellegent people would say thats impossible.[/quot]

As far as this comment goes. I respect it. I quote on of my reps from work.

"if you put enough money into anything. It will work" meaning you can make any car fast if you have the cash flow.

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
People need to realize that this is a hobby and people will justify spending a shit load of money into their hobby because they like it. I spent a shit load into my car and it is fast but not the fastest out there. I still have tuning to do but I know that there will always be someone faster. What makes it worth is that everytime I look at the car I have a smile on my face and it gets bigger when I step on the throttle. To me that was worth spending the money. Also it puts a smile on my face when I am at the track and have people come up to me and say what did you do to that? I could truthfully say that the grand prix gets more attention than a mustang running 11's.

Also you need to realize that some people have been modifing their car for a long time. I started in 1999 when I bought the car and there was nothing close to the modifications back then that there are now and everything was 10X more expensive. So don't question how much somone spent on their car just let them enjoy it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info