3800 Used Rockers, pushrods, lifters

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Hey guys, I will be tearing into my engine in a month or so. Switching my setup to an L67 lower manifold, and custom upper manifold and maybe something between them :p . Anyways, Im going to replace the valve cover gaskets with some that I painted and I was thinking about putting in newer rockers pushrods and lifter. I'm running a stock block with 115,000 miles. I recently came across a deal on some new rockers and pushrods that only had 300 miles on them. Ive also found some cheap used, but good lifters.

So do you guys think I should change these things out? Or leave well enough alone?

All opinions welcomed. Thanx. :)

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Aug 24 2005, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, I will be tearing into my engine in a month or so.  Switching my setup to an L67 lower manifold, and custom upper manifold and maybe something between them :p .  Anyways, Im going to replace the valve cover gaskets with some that I painted and I was thinking about putting in newer rockers pushrods and lifter.  I'm running a stock block with 115,000 miles.  I recently came across a deal on some new rockers and pushrods that only had 300 miles on them.  Ive also found some cheap used, but good lifters. 

So do you guys think I should change these things out?  Or leave well enough alone?

All opinions welcomed.  Thanx. :)
[snapback]95962[/snapback]​

You mean the valve covers right? cause why would you paint the gaskets? Anyways, if you have the tools and the time, your already more than half way there, might as well swap in some new stuff.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list