3800 New P.C.M.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I put a new Dhp pcm in my car. within 4 hours of driving it my car shut down. I was mildly giving it gas and then I heard a huge rattling noise from under the hood. It was from the side all the pulleys were on. then the car turned off. I got it started about 45 min later and drove it to my friends house. The next day he took it to Crystal lake pontiac and they did a scan test. it turns out that the first cndr was miss fireing they then took out my spark plug and there was no gap. They regapped it and cleared the code and everything RAN fine...But I have a knocking noise now. I don't know if this is a lifter or a rod knock. Do I need a new motor??? Is this normal?? I have like 3 appointments with different shops and I hopefully find out on Friday where I stand. But with the stock pcm none of this was going on....Also the dealer said that the pcm did not have to be learned..Why???

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
Take it from me, which ever cylinder had the "no gap plug" also has a chipped piston. This has happened to me and I was able to run the car after with no ill effects. It sounds like one of your valves or rockers may be making some noise due to the piece of piston smashing against it. Hope you get everything worked out and I'm not right on this one. :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info