3800 Think I solved my odd KR issue

I

imported_Ron Vogel

So I took off my PEM's and DP tonight. When I cutt off the pipe after the cat, and dropped the DP it fell to the floor with a rattle. I thought it was odd...

When you shake the cat it sounds like a rattle. I'm glad that's what it was, I was getting weird part throttle KR that was all over the map. Funny I only got a year out of that thing; I guess if you buy on Ebay...well you know the rest.

Headers went on in 3 hours. Started it up with open headers at 2:30 am :lolsign:

They are wrapped head to toe, and I modified them with better collectors over the past week. The connection to the rest of the exhaust is a ball and socket joint, and I'm really impressed at how well it all fits. Plus no leaks on the first try ain't too bad either.

I have the rest of the exhaust ready to go, but I have to cut out part of the old pipe before I can put it up, and it's getting too late at night to finish.

I'm running 2 Magnaflow resonators, and that's going to my old exhaust. I fabbed up a trick y-pipe, but I won't have time for it this weekend. I'll be doing mandrel bent 2.25 after the Y with no mufflers. I also picked up 4 Magnaflow square SS tips. I'll be putting 2 on each side, and I'm staggering them to contour with the back of the car. I just need to make up the splitters for them, but that'll get done next week.

Can't wait to get this thing on the road!

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 20 2005, 03:26 AM
So I took off my PEM's and DP tonight. When I cutt off the pipe after the cat, and dropped the DP it fell to the floor with a rattle. I thought it was odd...

When you shake the cat it sounds like a rattle. I'm glad that's what it was, I was getting weird part throttle KR that was all over the map. Funny I only got a year out of that thing; I guess if you buy on Ebay...well you know the rest.

Headers went on in 3 hours. Started it up with open headers at 2:30 am  :lolsign:

They are wrapped head to toe, and I modified them with better collectors over the past week. The connection to the rest of the exhaust is a ball and socket joint, and I'm really impressed at how well it all fits. Plus no leaks on the first try ain't too bad either.

I have the rest of the exhaust ready to go, but I have to cut out part of the old pipe before I can put it up, and it's getting too late at night to finish.

I'm running 2 Magnaflow resonators, and that's going to my old exhaust. I fabbed up a trick y-pipe, but I won't have time for it this weekend. I'll be doing mandrel bent 2.25 after the Y with no mufflers. I also picked up 4 Magnaflow square SS tips. I'll be putting 2 on each side, and I'm staggering them to contour with the back of the car. I just need to make up the splitters for them, but that'll get done next week.

Can't wait to get this thing on the road!
[snapback]95525[/snapback]​

I cant wait to see this beast. Mind if I bring my cam and take pics?! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list