3800 Exhaust help and down pipe

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
I curently have a borla exhaust sys. I had the resicnater cut off and still have stock down pipe with the u bend. I still meames very restrictive. I don't know if I will get headers unless I get some for cheap (used). I know the u bend is the 1 st thing i should have taken off but I was thing to get a whole down pipe. A 3" with a high flow cat. Then a 3" all the way back to the y pipe. I don't know if I should have the 3" after the y or 2 1/2". I wont something that sonds mean a hell that you can hear me coming. I don't wont any rasspy sound!!!!! I don't have any idea what mufflers sound assome and mean. I wont it loud but to sound realy good. I won't the most bang for my buck. I spent way way to much on the Borla that sound nice but quiet. I wont to sell it and get some thing diffrent. Were would I go to get it done. I don't wont to spent a whole lot of money. If I sell tne borla for some good $$. PLEASE HELP THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by raven@Aug 18 2005, 12:46 AM
I curently have a borla exhaust sys. I had the resicnater cut off and still have stock down pipe with the u bend. I still meames very restrictive. I don't know if I will get headers unless I get some for cheap (used). I know the u bend is the 1 st thing i should have taken off but I was thing to get a whole down pipe. A 3" with a high flow cat. Then a 3" all the way back to the y pipe. I don't know if I should have the 3" after the y or 2 1/2". I wont something that sonds mean a hell that you can hear me coming. I don't wont any rasspy sound!!!!! I don't have any idea what mufflers sound assome and mean. I wont it loud but to sound realy good. I won't the most bang for my buck. I spent way way to much on the Borla that sound nice but quiet. I wont to sell it and get some thing diffrent. Were would I go to get it done. I don't wont to spent a whole lot of money. If I sell tne borla for some good $$. PLEASE HELP THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]95407[/snapback]​
rip that junk out n get summit muffers best muffler in the world then maybe ull get some of that respect u've been looking for

I

imported_silverbullet

Originally posted by raven@Aug 18 2005, 12:46 AM
[snapback]95407[/snapback]​
SLP raven!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you want loud get 3" pipes to a 2.5" split. A 2.25" split will perform just as well, but be a little quieter. Definately get a resonator, or it will sound like poo.

I have a 3" DP with cat attached coming off this weekend, it's in the classifieds. I was going to put it up on the national board in about a week.

If you are doing headers you're going to want 3", so the collector meets up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by raven@Aug 18 2005, 10:17 AM
Are the Magnaflow mufflers raspy? how big is your piping and down pipe? do you have a resonator? thank for the info.
[snapback]95436[/snapback]​
It's the general consensus that Magnaflows have the best overall sound. Flows are the loudest; and I like them a lot, but not on GP's. About the best sound I've heard is with a long resonator and NO mufflers. Deep, loud outside the car, and not raspy. Not loud as being pulled over loud, but hearing you coming loud.

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
[/quote]
It's the general consensus that Magnaflows have the best overall sound. Flows are the loudest; and I like them a lot, but not on GP's. About the best sound I've heard is with a long resonator and NO mufflers. Deep, loud outside the car, and not raspy. Not loud as being pulled over loud, but hearing you coming loud.
[snapback]95438[/snapback]​
[/quote]

how make such a big resonator (3") and were can I get it?? thanks

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Aug 18 2005, 01:28 PM
www.hottexhaust.com
4" round if you're lowered 6" round will fit if you're at stock ride heigth. I've seen them on Ebay too, but this place you at least get the part #'s to go shopping with. IIRC this is the unit TOG reccomends.
[snapback]95447[/snapback]​
so am i the only one wit summit mufflers , they sound awsome ,but they are "pull me over loud" but sounds better then any other grand prix on the high rpms, tho the 1900 to 2900 rpms are obnogius

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list