3800 F1 hood

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by john99gtp@Aug 17 2005, 04:52 PM
i was quoted between $400-$500 for prep and paint does this sound right? thanks john
[snapback]95393[/snapback]​
they better be blending into the fenders on a silver car. Panel painting silver (painting off the car) is really hard to match, even for a great painter. The bumper isn't that big of deal cause the bumper covers never match on a silver car.
If you are just getting the hood sprayed, thats a little pricey, but I'm bias.
CJ

intial prep on ANY fiberglass hood is pricey IF IT IS DONE RIGHT... most poeple do not do it right and then end up with crap paint jobs.

IMO... 400-500 is just a bit low (not too much) to prep, block, and sand a fiberglass hood correctly and paint it as well. especially (as noted) if it is silver. that need to be done ON the car so that the paint can be blended into the fenders.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Aug 18 2005, 08:18 AM
intial prep on ANY fiberglass hood is pricey IF IT IS DONE RIGHT... most poeple do not do it right and then end up with crap paint jobs.

IMO... 400-500 is just a bit low (not too much) to prep, block, and sand a fiberglass hood correctly and paint it as well. especially (as noted) if it is silver. that need to be done ON the car so that the paint can be blended into the fenders.
[snapback]95420[/snapback]​
......which means the CAR will have to be in the shop also.....and the fenders should be blended - you are correct!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list