3800 Rear Brakes

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Yeah so, I started doint my rear brakes about 15 minutes ago. I started the first side (rear left) Everything was going smooth up until the point of when I took my bad used brakes. Wht do you know, one of my brake pad tracks (the metal clips where you position the pads onto) The dam thing cracked. Now PFYC is gettinh to be a real no good in my book. Arent they suppose to send brackets with pads. I know when I open the brake boxes from the dealerships there all in there. PFYC doesnt do that> What the hell. I saw they didnt come with any, so I figured I would re-use the ones I have. Obviously its not going to happen.

2 questions now.

#1 Are the 2000 - 2003 rear brakes the same as my car (04) or are they a completely different entity?

#2 If they are different does any one with an 04 have extra rear brackets some how some way? I'll travel I need them by today or else I'm stuck untill tomorrow, but I wont have time tomorrow to complete the task.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Mike, when I get new pads at work..it all depends on the car...if it comes with new brackets.

some cars have to have new ones..others dont. ours dont need to be replaced. unless they are cracked. make sure you scrub them up, and then apply caliper grease to them so ther pads dont stick.

no clue to your questions though.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Arent they suppose to send brackets with pads. I know when I open the brake boxes from

Some brake pad brands come with the retainers, and some don't.

Just send everything back to PFYC and demand a refund if you are unhappy. They will probably charge you for a restocking fee though.

Sux when the things you buy on-line don't turn out well. Sometimes common items are best bought locally at PepBoys, Murrays, AutoZone, etc.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info