3800 Trans not shifting properly

I

imported_Diavolo

after the SC install, my transmission is not finding the correct gear to be in. When I go WOT, the car will shift into 2nd at 15, 3rd at 35, and lock the TC around 50; just like normal cruising. Today, the car wouldn't shift out of 1st gear at all until I floored it up to 40 when it shifted into 2nd. It wouldn't shift into third until I did the same, I eventually floored it up to 70mph and then the TC locked and after that, the car shifted like I described above (shifting into 2nd at 15 etc. even while WOT). I figure this is probably a vacuum problem but I do not have any leaks (checked with starter fluid). My IAC's at idle are around 130 (which is what they were at before the SC swap) but when I get on the car lightly (bringing the RPM's up to 1200 - 1500) my IAC's actually go DOWN to 0.

When I put the 2000 blower on my 97, I just connected to two remaining vacuum lines that ran into my old blower.

Thanks
-Mike

I

imported_Diavolo

bingo, thanks Mike, TPS was the problem, (zoomer also mentioned this to me).

My TPS is reading 0.02 and TPSV is 0. I disconnected the sensor and was moving it by hand and the values weren't changing.

I guess the sensor is bad? all the wires look fine around that area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list