3800 winter is IL

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Antarctica_03.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The coldest I ever remember was a -81f windchill in the early '80s...it was funny because my Dad's car overheated and we were stranded on 53 south north of Thorndale. I had my gloves on my feet to keep them warm. We were stuck out there for 2 hours before a State trooper rolled by and gave us a ride to Denny's off of Lake street to sit with all the other people that had car problems. Car was up and running the same day, he blew a lower radiator hose.

We don't often get cold like that, but it comes in snaps that can last a week or two. The last long run of cold weather was like 92 or 93, when we had 2 weeks of -25F weather. My ex-wife's car was our daily, and it wouldn't start...so I bought a small bag of charcoal and put it in a shallow pan. Once it was finally smoldering I put it under the car for about an hour, and it finally started.

My 428 Pontiac in the Cutlass never had a problem starting, but it was a stripped down race car and had no heater, and holes in the floor...it was a cold ride! I had a Holley 750 double pumper with a milled choke horn, and that thing bliped right over even at -20+F

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
St. Louis is the shittiest city I have ever been to. I hate the cold, but I would never live in St. Louis!

boring, dirty, trashy...their "nice" part is worse than our nice part of chicago, and their bad part is worse.

As for winter in Chicago: lately it's been warm, but it will go in cycles. Last winter was 30s and 40s with little snow. But, when it snows, it snows hard: couple feet of powder on top of a few inches of sleet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info