3800 First race against a (97-03?)GTP

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
On my way to Merriville, IN sunday I see a 97-03GTP Coupe going the same route as me. At the light we end up next to each other w/ cars in front and I just give him a quick head nod(whats up) which I dont really do because half of the younger guys in GTP's are thugs and im not trying to give them the wrong impression and get shot :p ...(kinda exaggerated but true) ANYWAY we proceed to go in the same direction and when the road clears ahead he gets on it and takes off . I have all my windows down and couldnt hear any whine so I figured he's stock(?). BTW the wife was in the car and I wasnt really going to race not because she would get mad but I wasnt really in the mood. So we end up at the next light (2 lanes) Him in front of his lane and 1 car in front of me in my lane. The light goes green and he gets on it and takes off hard which is crazy because that specific area is known for cops. So me being behind a car just goes normally on my way. The car in front of me turns off just ahead so I eventually catch up to him due to traffic ahead. As I pass him I give him a lil WHINE just messin around.Well we get to a light and in an area which is all indurstrial and plenty of open road ahead. (low risk) The light goes green ( no brake torque or reving) Im not sure if he's going to get on it so we kinda roll of the line and at about 10-15 mph he gets on it first then so do I by then I had my front bumper at his front tire. By 45-50 im starting to edge him out and by 90 I had about 1/2 car on him. Now the MPH's I gave are not 100 percent exact just around.

Cliffnotes:
Since this was my first race with a any year GTP I wasnt sure what to expect since we run the same 1/4 mile times STOCK even thought were rated 20 more HP :rolleyes: . He got an advantage from the jump but w/ the FWI and 3.29s I was confident I was going to take him in the end (only if he WAS stock) which I did. Sorry for the long ass story which was probably boring but hey Im at work bored so I guess I make everyone read a boring story :lolsign: .

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
BTW

He let off first probably because he new at that point it was over. We still had plenty of clear smooth road ahead. Also It was the better thing to do since Im not one to push 100+ on any given day. Since he never pulled up next to me I didnt get a chance to ask him what year he had. It would have made me feel better knowing what year since a 97 can have alot of wear and tear(of course there are exceptions).

Yeah first race w/ the wife in the car but no more after that. ;) Obviously not a smart move on my behalf. ( she had fun though)

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by migs109@Aug 10 2005, 10:36 PM
why don't you come out to us-41 next week so you can see what your car can do. i was always curious what the newer gtp's can run in the 1/4.
[snapback]94818[/snapback]​

I really want to but the next few weekends are locked up. work/family party /vac

I probably wont make it down till late September.(I hope)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TonzKnock-G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list