picture011_2.jpg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
CrazyMook said:
werent u running something similar to this? or is this like the "final" version. either way, great work :bigthumb:

When I got rid of the stock coil pack bracket I had nothing to mount it to. So I made another one that was too far from the SC, and didn't do anyone else any good.

I wanted something that bolted solely to the blower, so others could use it on different set-ups.

Good thing it worked the first time with no drama, I have several pre orders on it already!

The only snag I ran into were the studs on the middle 2 lower to the SC. My SC is ported, so the holes are shorter than stock, and I had to change the design a little, but it made it better anyway.

It's very stiff, I countersuck the stand off tubes into the bracket. The studs also fit tightly into the bracket. I would normally see a little flex with the old style bracket using the 4130 steel. I used a heavy wall aluminum, and 1/2" thick for the face so it doesn't budge at all, but is still pretty light.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Fish said:
After looking at my snout and another gen 3 snout, I think all you would need to do is make it 2 inches shorter to make it work with a gen V. Just a guesstimate though.
If you have an MPS, it should be around 7.5" from where the bolt holds the rotor pack to the pulleys first rib (8 rib MPS).

If that is the same it may be a direct bolt on. I have an extra junk Gen3 snout to pattern off of, just not a GenV. So I'm not familiar with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info