3800 FWI tubes

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I stopped in to Boyce ind. (my mandrel bend supplier) today. While I was there I checked out their mis-bend waste pile. They had at least 30+ 45 and 90 degree bends in 3.5"id tubing. Perfect for FWI's, I used a 45, and a large radius 90 to make my FWI. Anyway, the mis-bends are very inexpensive (on the order of $5-10 a piece.)
I asked Tom there why so many, and he said they always have a scrap surplus of the large size tubes because race teams are ral finiky about the specs being perfect. They normally have 1-2 skid boxes of these leftovers that they have a hard time getting rid of.
I thought I'd pass this along if anyone needed anything I could pick something up possibly. Here's a pic of what I used them for, welded together then Jet-hot coated.
upload_42f3d55b58261.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Aug 5 2005, 04:50 PM
can they make a TOG race pipe?
[snapback]94292[/snapback]​
They don't fabricate anything. It's simply a pipe/tube supply, and they do mandrel bends. If you want a race pipe made, you can supply them info on what bends you want then have the flanges etc welded on by your favorite shop :p . It's kind of goofy, but they are a very busy shop, and pretty much supply all the Chicagoland speed shops and race teams.

I'm sure there are more than one shop that carries them, but the 2 bolt flange uses can be had at E&R out of Addison. I'd also just get off the shelf stuff from Boyce if you were building a race pipe, and have it cut/welded to fit...it would probably cost less overall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info